Sunday, June 27, 2021

Pig and farm report

 



This morning I drove to the camp store drive-through coffee joint and asked for a large iced mocha my twice yearly indulgence. Little did I know that their large iced mocha came in a 32 ounce cup. The mocha had four shots of espresso in it and was topped with half a can of redi-whip. Goodchrist crispy crackers what the awful heck? I nestled the ludicrous plastic cup full of ice and ice sweat and Hershey’s chocolate from a squeeze bottle into the cup holder of my little car embarrassed by my American consumption even though it was accidental and drove up the road to make a left turn and a wasp flew in my car window and hit me in the mouth. It stunned him. He kind of shook his head and staggered onto my window rim where I promptly picked him up between my thumb and forefinger and helped him make good his escape. I drove home more carefully than usual due to my sweaty bundle of caffeinated joy stopped the car then threw the whole mess into the woods. There’s a grumpy cat. Nature and folly all in one morning.

 

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Oh my word! Well, I bet plenty of wasps gorged on the Redi Whip and Hersheys, thanking you for the sweetness as well as for freeing their cousin.

June 28, 2021 at 6:17 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

An adventure nevertheless.xo

June 28, 2021 at 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home