Thursday, December 12, 2019

Pig and farm report




It was freezing cold with high wind warnings for large and small craft on the Salish Sea I have named this driftwood The Finger Of God the high tide left her with quite the kelpy hairdo including a knotted ponytail no one else was there not a single crabber even though it is wide open Dungeness crab season throughout December I now know the real crabbers those who exist on the sea’s bounty those who feed their families those who sell to the fancypants local fine dining establishments from the fake weekend crabbers who tend to have shiny new boats and spotless crab pots and salt free boots who don’t have the patience to wait the real crabbers wave to me and I wave back they know my car they even know my sad men’s pajamas from Sears which I was wearing this morning as I collected shells and sea glass from the storm debris

I came home and drank an entire pot of peppermint tea with honey


Jupiter remains unimpressed with the Christmas tree



4 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Good morning, Rebecca. Good morning.

December 13, 2019 at 6:03 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Good morning my dear friend! It cheers me immeasurably to see you over there in the other corner awake with me.
XO

December 13, 2019 at 6:07 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

I can see you on your beach, gathering shells and sea glass in your men’s pajamas, a poetic figure. If I didn’t know you and saw you from afar, I’d invent stories about you. They wouldn’t be a patch on the truth. ❤️

December 13, 2019 at 6:18 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Oh darling R there you are too! I am so glad to see you on this purely December day your warmth pouring through the screen. Now we three have a gathering of our coven. Beach witches with kelp hair.XO

December 13, 2019 at 6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home