Monday, January 20, 2020

Movie review revue



I have only gone to two movies since I moved here because the only theater that isn’t infested with bedbugs is in the mall in which the Cascade shooting occurred the theater where the shooter hung out and watched Snowden before the police found him and it is creepy

tonight I watched Marriage Story because I have increased my dosage of tegretol again yes again again again and I feel terrible and could not drag myself out of bed I have never been a fan of Scarlett Johansson or Adam Driver and honestly I couldn’t remember Scarlett Johansson’s character’s name throughout the entire movie but Adam Driver surprised me by being powerful and moving and I sobbed three times watching him and now I think he’s amazing

what a sad movie which did nothing to lift me out of my gummy mouthed despair and honestly the movie felt like it was half directed by Nora Ephron and half directed by the creepy and now utterly despised w.a. with music by the lesser Newman cousin Randy seriously if you’re going to make a movie why not have Thomas Newman do the score he’s brilliant also why do people have to sing in movies now both of the main characters singing made no sense to the story line the only saving graces of this movie were Laura Dern who can Do No Wrong Merritt Wever Wallace Shawn who I love in anything and Alan Alda except for Adam Driver’s character I was always aware of the acting painfully aware like OK here is Scarlett Johansson in her tall jeans and she’s acting and now she’s acting like she’s crying now she’s pretend pouting now she’s being a mom and oh look she got a haircut and now she’s a little bit blonder than she was

I give Adam Driver four stars and the rest of the movie two stars a good movie if you feel too disgusting to get out of bed and there are no reruns of House on teevee or you want to go to a haunted theater in an empty mall

















ps. last night I had a terrible anxious dream which involved a public toilet and getting lost as usual but at the last minute dream Tom Cruise drove up in a shiny little yellow convertible to rescue me from my dream self

8 Comments:

Blogger Adie Das said...

Have you seen After Life with Ricky Gervais
? It's beautiful

January 21, 2020 at 1:26 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

WHY did Adam Driver sing that song? I couldn't figure it out. I just flat-out didn't like the movie very much. There was too much acting and way too much overacting.

January 21, 2020 at 6:07 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

I do like Adam Driver, but hadn't planned to watch this movie, but if you recommend it, sort of, i just might on a day i cant get out of bed.

January 21, 2020 at 7:48 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear Adie I honestly cannot bear Ricky Gervais not even on my worst cannot get out of bed day. so prolly not thank you though. Hello helloooooo!

January 21, 2020 at 8:52 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary I asked myself that several times during the song which was...extended. And pitchy. 😦

January 21, 2020 at 8:53 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear R, it passes the time. And I thought Laura Dern was accidentally hilarious as a divorce lawyer. XO

January 21, 2020 at 8:58 AM  
Blogger LKD said...

I have a huge crush on Adam Driver. I haven't seen Marriage Story yet. I also am crushing on the actor that plays the sheriff in Stranger Things. I like a huge, odd, slightly clunky, awkward, good looking in a strange way kind of dude. And, of course, Tom Cruise rescued you.

January 26, 2020 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Laurel I also have a crush on Sherrif Hopper!!! Yes. Tom always comes through. Well mostly. Well he has a few times.

January 26, 2020 at 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home