Friday, January 17, 2020

Pig and farm report




my yard this morning near the road



the wind finally stopped raging last night and we got more of the snow that has blanketed most of the coast for days it is still snowing and the sun was shining this morning at the beach it was 28 degrees one of things I did for my new year non celebration was to reinstate my NYT subscription electronic this time with news alerts cooking all of it I know many people are turning away from the news I did it myself especially noisy television news (except I watched Rachel Maddow for the Lev Parnas interviews) but even without teevee noise I still turned to the NYT until I hit the paywall which didn’t take long each month now I am all in with news alerts all of it fighting the urge to hide to become complacent it seems important that I hear and read and see (his body seems to be faltering? his gait seems off? hopefully?) with my own beautiful brain that big bouncing mess of wires and blood it seems important right now the way knowing how to sew or cook or build a fire seems important I did venture outside today other than my twice or thrice daily trips to start my car so the battery won’t die because nothing says The Shining  quicker than having no transportation out here in the wildgreenblue and of course going to the beach every day I went to the bank in town not much of a trip not much I know I am extraordinarily happy here alone in my house baking cooking storing away gathering preparing and I’m not even sure what I’m preparing for

it just feels important right now

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

That picture is a book cover. I swear.
I don't know what I'm preparing for either but I have the same urge. I also have the same urge to check the news obsessively to see if he's dead yet.
Not yet.
You're right. We need to know these things. From Lev Parnas to how to grind grain to how to use spiderwebs to staunch bleeding to how to deliver babies. How to make cheese and churn butter and keep the animals alive and happy to get the milk to do so.
And how to play music on instruments that we know how to build.
How are the molten chocolate cakes?
My bread is pretty. My soup is hearty.
I love you tremendously.

January 17, 2020 at 5:04 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I had to stop at...more than one 🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫 🍫
Love, chocolate face

January 17, 2020 at 5:08 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

ps. I can smell your bread from here

January 17, 2020 at 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home