Friday, January 3, 2020

Day 3 beware! beware!

halfway to Epiphany and the wind screams off the mountains spins itself into a ball across the Salish Sea to rattle us awake again and again it woke me and again I made sure my flashlights were charged and my computer was charged and my phone was charged and my Jackery was charged I pushed the button that drops the coffee and called my son to come over to help me take Wolf to the vet because her left eye is swollen and she’s been sneezing I will no longer do this vet task alone I cannot bear walking another kitty into the forest without help

remember how we never used to have to charge anything and charge meant a thing you did with credit cards or car batteries or a mess of buffaloes running toward you?

the lights are already flickering beware! beware! tiny hitler has declared war from his tacky gilded palace in Florida he did not act through Congress he did not leave his golf course to go to the war room to address the nation instead he is speechifying this afternoon at evangelical so called leaders aka campaigning which is all he does beware! beware! tree limbs and witches and kittens are flying every which way in the wind’s mouth beware! beware! here on the north 48th the sea is filling up the breams and the fields the heron and kingfisher and hawk and owl and eagle stand guard beware! beware! the Stillaguamish River and its surrounding tributaries and sloughs is flooded flooded spilling onto the road beware! beware! the children are back in school beware! beware!

another dystopian day in Terrible America and honestly I feel so right inside so healthy and shiny and capable and good and able even though I dreamed all night even though I cannot stop the dreams and none of them good

here is a handy dandy scientific Camano Island weather chart to let you know when exactly your roof will peel off your house like a sardine lid it is quite basic some people (me) might argue that it’s a little too basic



3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

He is insane and we let him be.
Remember when "someone" reassured us that there were adults in the room? I wonder where they are.

January 3, 2020 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

I left these shores for one short week and in that time the tiny minded orange man went to war. the world is fucked. we are watching the plunging decline of the place you call terrible america. we are broken perhaps beyond repair.

January 6, 2020 at 6:12 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear R I felt you in your warm blue place I’m so glad you got to go. We are in the great bearing down part of this sorry country we are all hunkering with it. Love
Rebecca

January 7, 2020 at 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home