Sunday, December 29, 2019

I’m rewatching Big Little Lies and none of the spousal abuse and horrific mother stuff even made me blink this time around but the entitled little girl whose parents are trying to enroll her in college and she says no! she says she wants to go build houses for homeless people! she says no no no fuck college! as her parents implore her     that.   that.      is what set me off in an avalanche of tears and sent me outside searching the forest floor for even the tiniest wood violet but no dice not yet I wanted to go to college my whole life



I do have a mosquito bite however which is highly unusual 

6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I've already been finding violets here. And mosquitoes by the score.

December 29, 2019 at 3:47 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

And isn't it just life that the strangest thing will pop out and punch you in the gut when you least expect it?

December 29, 2019 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Yep. But we roll we roll with it. Sunday. 🤕

December 29, 2019 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

There are even mosquitos in Los Angeles this year.

December 30, 2019 at 8:42 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

I didn't know you didn't go to college. So many people missed out on knowing Rebecca, heart, mind, words, music, such a tragedy for them. Some holes can never be filled, yet they help make us who we are. I love who you are. But then, I would have in any case.

January 6, 2020 at 6:20 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Rosemarie, I have been thinking about this since you commented. I used to be ashamed of my lack of education especially in the art world where I so widely held my own as a pretender but over time I realized I was better read than almost anyone I knew. I also realized I was usually the smartest person in the room. There was money set aside for me to have a college education I don’t know it it was by my grandfather or my uncle. My mother gave that money to my foster sister so she could attend bible college. I resented my foster sister for this for a few early years until I realized that she had gone through the same nightmares I had I wish her only well now. thank you and love.

January 9, 2020 at 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home