Thursday, January 2, 2020

The new

yesterday the beginning of 2020 the power flickered on and off (54 mph winds most of the day) and I listened to the racket (and my house being pummeled and thumped by pine cones and tree branches)  (at one point an actual crack! signaling a large limb had broken off somewhere in my woods) and I wrote (a. poem.) and read (Dana Levin’s brutal and gorgeous Sky Burial) and showered (quickly) and ran the washing machine (also quickly) and ate (red beans dirty rice cornbread) and watched a series that came out in 2014 that I had downloaded onto my computer (The Leftovers and holy shit) I did not go outside (flying debris) and the wind continued into nightfall (bringing a thunderstorm to round things out) but I slept through until morning (with weirdo dreams) and today I made it to the beach to consider the destruction (and raw power and beauty) and now I am going out into the actual known world (mockingbird wish me luck)


7 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

What do y'all call that sort of storm?
Personally, I call it scary.
I haven't seen The Leftovers. I read the book and it was okay.
I really need to go to the beach.

January 2, 2020 at 12:01 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I call it A BIG ASS STORM.
XO

January 2, 2020 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Happy New Year. I, too, have never seen The Leftovers. I will check it out.

January 2, 2020 at 9:26 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Happy 2020 Elizabeth. The Leftovers surprised me by being so interesting. I am still only into the first season but I might watch again today as a reward for being A. Writer. Bwahahaha. Love you.

January 3, 2020 at 7:32 AM  
Blogger Supervillainess said...

Thought you would be one of the people who might really enjoy Dana Levin. Some of my friends find her difficult, but I adore her work.

January 5, 2020 at 9:17 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Thank you for recommending the leftovers. I just watched a Masterpiece theater series called Press, about two rival newspapers on London's Fleet Street. Only 6 episodes. I wished for more. You might like it.

January 6, 2020 at 6:15 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you J9 when I started reading it on the first I got about halfway through before I had to stop and breathe then I wrote a poem I mean the book made me want to write which the best poetry does. XO

January 6, 2020 at 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home