Sunday, March 22, 2020

three things

1. I have to let my sourdough starter go dormant for the first time in two decades because there is no flour with which to feed it

2. Yesterday we put post-it notes on the cat to entertain ourselves

3. Today we opened a much valued and hoarded jar of my own marionberry jam and ate some of it with our spoons marionberries only grow for a week before they’re gone they are like a sweeter more delicate blackberry and they are my favorites one of the reasons I go to the Oregon coast every summer is because the marionberry was only grown there for years 

4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Shit. Is there no way to borrow a bit of flour from a neighbor? I'd send you a small bag, but that would take too long, right?

March 22, 2020 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Aiyeee! There is no talk amongst neighbors out here I’d probably be shot at the gate if I approached. But WA and Oregon have been out of flour for a good long time thanks to the people my son calls “preppers” those preparing for The Last Days. They are the same people who loaded up their trucks with toilet paper and paper towels. I know these people know how to crap but do they bake bread? I really doubt it. Were they preparing for lots of pancakes? Maybe. A giant roux? Who the feck knows. XO

March 22, 2020 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Just made a nice little roux myself to freshen up last night's tuna casserole. I was thinking of you every second.
We finished up the pear preserves this morning.
Great (?) minds think alike.

March 22, 2020 at 5:13 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

OH GOD NO MORE ROUX

March 22, 2020 at 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home