Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Wolfie prepares to flee at the first sneeze



Okay I lied maybe she is ready to flee because I gave Jupiter and Hal and her flea medicine last night or maybe she’s just a strange cat who sat like that for an hour this morning for no apparent reason  Jupiter doesn’t seem to care about the medicine Hal is acting like I stabbed him even today he hasn’t forgiven me and refuses me with his whole heart

I have been gone for a long time from here it seems but I am recovering from being depressed for three months it’s weird I never used to have a recovery from depression period but here I am gingerly walking around my own damned disease cleaning what didn’t get cleaned watering what didn’t get watered mopping what didn’t get mopped etcetera I have taken care of my no shrink problem for the time being I went back to my old clinic and Dr. Jack agreed to okay me for a year’s worth of my psychiatric meds as I search for a new head doctor I really really liked New Nurse but I feel like she left me twisting in the wind as far as my care goes she was good at shrinking and bad at business and also


she hurt my feelings by disappearing 


I know how dumb that sounds but it’s true

I suppose y’all know Snohomish aka the next town over is where patient zero in the US popped up with the coronavirus I went to that town yesterday to buy Easter candy for myself and goddamn but Easter candy was the only thing left it was eerie and frightening here are the shelves that were literally empty

Toilet paper
Paper towels
Bottled water
Cleaning supplies
Peanut butter
Canned soup
Canned vegetables
Canned beans
Cake and brownie mix
Pancake mix
Cheese
Butter
Milk
Pasta
Hand sanitizer (but not strangely hand soap)

and that’s just the shelves I passed I didn’t make it through the whole store thank bog the Easter candy was still there I guess the run on toilet paper is because people think all of China is going to die and no more will be shipped ever? I can’t even imagine why the bottled water is gone we all have water and electricity people are weird and jumpy and I think the political noise is feeding into the panic now that everyone else is finally realizing that White House daddy is incapable of making a single leaderly type decision there has been no such run on groceries out here on the island and I suspect it’s because most of the people who live here believe that this brand spanking new pathogen is a democratic hoax

the white patriarchy marches on

I was so sad to watch the Super Tuesday numbers roll in realizing that Elizabeth Warren was getting left in the dust stupid fucking Americans will this country ever let a woman be powerful

yesterday I washed my hands and ate half a bag of Dove milk chocolate eggs and baked a giant ziti that I just parceled out for Page to take to his friends in the city let me know what’s happening in your city and keep your head down

Pax

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Hello, you poetess, you musician, you charmer and bewitcher of cats. It's good to hear your voice again. I imagine that people there are freaked out. I just keep thinking what I said the other day- this isn't the Black Plague. I don't know. Maybe it is.
I expect locusts next. And toads to rain from the skies.
Until then- let's eat all the Easter candy. Baby Jesus would like that.

March 4, 2020 at 1:37 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Much the same here on store shelves except there’s plenty of canned goods. Like many Floridians, we always have cans of Hurricane food. Plenty of flour and baking supplies so there’s that to look forward to. I’m lieu of the now scarce toilet paper, we should be provided with copies of the state of the disunion address.
Wolfie looks great! Glad you are feeling better dear poet. Much love, may we all stay healthy.
Xoxo
Barbara

March 4, 2020 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Well, I just wrote my first post in nearly a month. I've felt so depressed and dry about everything, to tell you the truth. I am a whole lot less stressed on a daily basis because I don't have to dress modestly and teach a bunch of brainwashed girls, but still. I'm mad that Warren didn't get far. I'm more than mad, actually. You said it best.

March 4, 2020 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger Tom Beckett said...

I had pinned my hopes on Elizabeth Warren and donated to her campaign. But I suspect that a lot of what I like about her turned a lot of people off. I'm thinking her professorial ways. I love her intelligence and her ability to explain where's she's coming from. I think, though, that some people feel as if they are being lectured to by her. And that's sad. I think we've become a nation of very thin skinned people.

March 5, 2020 at 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home