Sunday, February 16, 2020

I went out

I went shopping big shopping at the grown up grocery store in town the real grocery store and I didn’t have a panic attack until I was standing in line but I paid and threw everything in my cart by myself because the kid who was bagging groceries was too young and and new and slow and I did not want to pass out on him or worse though there isn’t much worse that’s happened to me in public except for crying and maybe that time when we were on strike at the big airplane factory for three months and a church lady invited my son and me to dinner because we were as usual so poor me being a single mother to a young son who was in a private school that didn’t care that I was on strike etcetera and I wore a long black sweater to the church lady’s house and didn’t realize until I was carrying her leftover lasagna to my car that a pair of my underpants were stuck to the back of that long black sweater throughout the entire long sad meal

I did make it to my car this morning before I had what felt like a heart attack and what has felt like a heart attack ever since

tomorrow I get to go out again to yet another doctor a dermatologist this time so yay because there is nothing more fun than having a stranger inspect every inch of your body with a magnifying glass then prescribe you drugs that you really really cannot afford because you have a skin problem that is only for rich people who can don’t mind paying $3,000.00 per every 27 pills and that is not an exaggeration after my appointment though I have promised myself a trip to Gyro Stop now I have three doctors and if I ever make it to the dentist I’ll have four then one more if I can ever afford to get my eyebulbs looked at and the fun never stops when you’re old and crazy with bad skin and weak eyes and rotten teeth

in other news there is a new palomino across the road from where Speck and his mean pony Mr. Poops live and a coyote loped across my deck chasing a rabbit the other morning shaking my entire house and I saw a huge raccoon amble up my path last night so all is well on the island and all is well with me even though and even though it’s Sunday

7 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Do you think there's a house near you where Sophie, Carl and I could live?

February 16, 2020 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

YES

February 16, 2020 at 6:29 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Why are derm prescriptions so out of control? Is it because skin conditions are not considered life threatening? I usually take the prescription and then decide to live with whatever the issue when I hear the price.

February 16, 2020 at 6:33 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

I hope your galloping heart slows to a gentle canter.

February 16, 2020 at 6:34 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dearest R good question but same with epipens and those save people’s lives. Ugh. Big Pharma. My heart still hasn’t stopped feeling mean spirited thank you ♥️♥️♥️

February 16, 2020 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger Pamela Johnson Parker said...

The skin is the body's largest organ, and it is something that shows, so of course there are going to be massively expensive prescriptions. I hate BIG PHARMA.

February 17, 2020 at 6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last eczema ointment prescribed was a whopping $700! Amazingly, insurance covered most of it. Turned out it felt like your skin was being burned off, so badly painful l had to give myself a pep talk before using it. Finally couldn't take it anymore.
I'll finally be old enough for Medicare next month, I'm hoping that means no more long calls and forever holding. Our entire system of health care is truly a nightmare.
Xoxo
Barbara

February 17, 2020 at 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home