Saturday, February 1, 2020

That’s how we crones laugh. ~ Mary Moon



The power has been on and off and on and off and on and in between I’ve put ice in the cooler taken a bath and washed my hair and left the water in the tub so I can scoop it for the loo once the power goes out again which it surely will I made a huge mess of guacamole because I had too many avocados go ripe all at once I did a giant load of laundry which sat in an awful warm mess in the dryer for half an hour during the last go round I filled all the water jugs and bottles I filled my two large hurricane lamps and was a virgin trimming my wicks I sent Mary pix of my mess of a forest including this poor little tree cut down in its prime near the road


and she made me laugh so hard and I couldn’t stop laughing I needed it so much also the wind makes me a little bit crazy

THAT’S RIGHT SHE SAID A LITTLE BIT CRAZY

even walking around in what used to be my yard slash forest was ankle bustingly dangerous this morning as the entire forest floor is a foot deep with debris that looks like this and it unsettled my feet as I sank in and crunched and sank in deeper


I just ran in the laundry room and put more time on the dryer got dam why did I cram so many clothes in there

Love for now,
Laura Ingalls 

6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

And fists and nightgowns (or perhaps nylon slips) must be involved.

February 1, 2020 at 4:16 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

That’s right let’s get biblical!

February 1, 2020 at 4:41 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I don’t miss the sweaty tight underneathness of slips but I do miss their lacy prettiness.

February 1, 2020 at 4:43 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

They felt...womanly.

February 1, 2020 at 5:14 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Yes! Like Maggie the Cat.

February 1, 2020 at 5:16 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Exactly.

February 2, 2020 at 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home