Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Pig and farm report

they’re having this week long hoodoo on the island called Glass Quest in which people hunt for clear plastic balls which are hidden around the island like Easter eggs which are then exchanged for some crap art glass balls with swirly paint on them I call this week BaubleFest and when I find people randomly digging around in my forest and on my beach I snarl and yell at them to go away because they tend to leave a mess behind them including empty starfucks cups and piles of dog shit not to mention young children and dogs wobbling out onto the road untended this year they’ve torn the yellow caution tape off the trail beginning where the bridge washed out it’s easy enough for an adult to jump the bridge but the woods up there right now are muddy with trees tipping over right and left and big chunks of the mountain sloughing off and it’s very dangerous

last night I dreamed there were bus loads of people leaving the forest waving their arms out the windows and I was yelling at them to go away so basically my waking life seeped into my dream life which left me exhausted when I woke this morning still I managed to bake a pretty loaf of sourdough bread because I started it two days ago and it needed to be addressed:

Miss Sourdough
SUMMER’S END
Camano Island WA



it was delicious I figured out that my sourdough starter is now 21 years old and can have a glass of champagne if it wants

something terrible happened to me yesterday that had nothing to do with my trip to the dermatologist and nothing to do with my darling son and everything to do with me being freaked out enough to drive in the almost dark to the state park last night to yell at the baublehunters but I can’t write about it until it resolves itself

it looks like spring around here the camellias are blooming and there are yellow buds on the rhododendrons and all the fields are chock full of snow geese just in time for The Snow Goose Festival next week which is a real thing also it was sunny and hailing today

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Your bread is a work of art.
My dreams have been way too intense and that's compared to the usual so...
I'm sorry about the bauble hunters. May things all resolve peacefully and then they will go away.

February 18, 2020 at 7:01 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you sweet Mary. I liked how the baby Jesus shot that beam of light right down from heaven as soon as I put that loaf on the marble to take its picture. May you have a dreamless night.
XXXOOO

February 18, 2020 at 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home