Sunday, April 26, 2020

corona 16.

corona 16.

on a scale of one to ten describe your wristlet your shrunken paps your crushed toe your shredded pancreas your questionable meds have you ever been in a psychiatric ward do not do not answer yes do not cry or laugh or move your mouth or eyes the pain tractate here is a chart with cartoon faces from pale to fire ant red and growl point to the cartoon pain picture on the scale of one to ten that matches your experience inside the hospital machinery excuse me excuse me eat the contents of this paper cup is it not the communion of the body of Christ point to the cartoon face that matches your face equally is this not the face of Christ describe the contents of your purse point to the cartoon face on the pain scale that matches the contents of your purse pain equally take this cup in remembrance of me take this cup let this cup pass from me today is the last day of lent Spy Wednesday commemorating the day Judas sealed the fate of Jesus with his spittle point to the cartoon face of Jesus on the pain scale that most closely matches Judas's sorrow 


3 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

Brilliant! Our world then, and also right now.

April 26, 2020 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Oh, Rebecca! As always your words...
They rock me deeply.

April 26, 2020 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger Ramona Quimby said...

Your poetry is at the center of what I understand as poetry, and what keeps me from despair. Thank you thank you thank you I could not be a poet if I did not read you.

April 26, 2020 at 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home