Monday, October 26, 2020

 Paregoric

my aged cat never left my side ever I slept on feathers crossed my Ts clean as a fishwife the moment in which he rose up hallelujah I was not afraid of solitude but reckless pursuit neckties guns in the temple the low dome last week’s rent drew out the lining the ache in my side that proved resolve men rode motorcycles up and down the street pounded my door demanded open up demanded money as Russian girls in the cafeteria argued over the napkin dispensers cooed like release doves lacking a center I’m not nostalgic for the parasite the waterworm there is nothing left to talk about apples and sandwiches stuffed with fruit the mokrie dela disappeared from automats turn and slide the plastic door or the washateria the Laundra in Newport Loadstar Dryers coin tumble orbiting sensors in my bed gossiping bodies at night target practice on Thursdays in Dallas go ahead go ahead now tell me about the white capped angel of terror and desire





6 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

You write like fire, the lodestar dryers and suddenly terror and desire, this is wonderful and terrifying and so good.

October 26, 2020 at 4:26 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you darling ❤️

October 26, 2020 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

The deer at the end is a perfect accompaniment. It's like performance art.

October 27, 2020 at 8:33 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

There he was just standing in my yard so still when I stepped outside with my coffee. ♥️

October 27, 2020 at 8:39 PM  
Blogger Linda Sue said...

You know- You are BADASS! This is the sort of writing that makes me glad to be alive! Thank you

November 7, 2020 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Linda Sue it is a good day to be alive and awake in all our badassery isn’t it just? And thank you all the thank yous.

November 7, 2020 at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home