Sunday, March 28, 2021

Pig and farm report

 





I took myself to breakfast this Passover morning which means I drove to the little beach cafe at the state park where I used to attend church every Sunday the pine cathedral cafe where god and I have our talks I parked in the no parking zone and called them and they brought my breakfast to me in a paper bag always the same breakfast veggie hash with no toast no egg no meat and a cup of black coffee meanwhile back at my house the wind tore down trees and the power flickered on and off then stayed off I drove the lee side near the little marina and sure enough a tree was in the road after having spent a few hours bouncing on a power line I parked there for a while watching the whitecaps then hail then snow then torrential rain in the church of no return the temple of cracking wood and lightning the synagog of potatoes and salted apples the sea sloshed up its briny sides tulips dipped their wolf heads to drink a man stood on the corner of Chance and No Bad Luck to practice his fly fishing casting his line over and over perhaps ready to catch a fish washed up on his back porch in the storm he cast up with a tight loop then down with a tight loop his line arcing in the dark sky over and over with just the way my father taught me both men dreaming forever of a swift running river the sun a cooler full of beer chocolate covered cherries a fire and a cast iron frying pan full of trout


4 Comments:

Anonymous Jeannine H Gailey said...

I am jealous of your church experience. Crazy weather today! We just kept having lightning and hail, downed flowers.

March 28, 2021 at 7:59 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Your church is a holy church.

March 29, 2021 at 6:13 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

This is the whale and dolphin report, I think. Stirring and bracing and perfectly beautiful.

March 29, 2021 at 8:55 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Your church is the only kind I would feel comfortable in. Hope your power is back on.
Xoxo
Barbara

March 30, 2021 at 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home