Monday, April 12, 2021

I’m on the left wearing my beloved saddle shoes to ride Ginger with my cousin Bethany or was it my father’s bastard daughter raised by one of my many aunts I no longer know but I know you can’t trust history the man in the hat was my grandfather not grandpa or gramps always the formal grandfather sir he whose love of language and length of legs I inherited and one of his horses it is an entire mood that strikes me in the blue hours how I was trotted out with my hair brushed just so the only time I was allowed to wear it long and true on display so my mother could get the money my grandfather was rolling in how my hair flew behind my head when I rode and my sister who I dreamed about all those years but in my dreams she was always my twin and I with my hair streaming out behind me like wings on fire





4 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

That is an entire history of the universe right there.

April 12, 2021 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger Linda Sue said...

The girl with flaming wild hair on horseback gets all of my money! I hope that Sir Grandfather, Sir, parted with his your way. something tells me he did not part with a dime, maybe it is his stance. At least you inherited long legs and that is such an advantage in this life!

April 12, 2021 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

History in a horse’s heart.

April 12, 2021 at 4:45 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

What a remarkable photo and words to go with it. I could keep reading and reading and reading...

April 19, 2021 at 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home