Sunday, March 20, 2022

Equinox

 



Have I forgot how to write? How to push my fingers onto keys how to read how to wring dry magic from a shrove biscuit how to see how to watch the horizon how to divine pea tendrils how to stuff my guts into a bag and throw the bag over the bridge into the Skagit river? Have I forgot how to dance at dawn in my stupid nightgown how to breathe underwater how to rustle my gills how to shed my flight feathers how to outgrow my skeleton? Have I forgot how to bake how to drive how to clean how to plant how to be human here and there and someday there?


Hello hello Darklings. I have been far and wide. The inside of my mouth is dry a burden but not a regret. I might remember how to navigate. Today the island exploded with yellow the daffodils have been here but the forsythia arrived overnight. There is too much now to say and so I dip my crushed left great toe in to test. There is too much to say that has gone unsaid and so here I am dipping my toe in the ocean here I am saying hello! Hello! Are you there?

*

Panic diary 1

Mushrooms hold their spongy heads as I pass
there goes weeper in her boots and mask
my heart explodes (again) milk shivers 
spring lamb spills her body a blood container
shivering in the grass so wet and beautiful
when two humans slow dance to no music
tomorrow is Bach's birthday one breathes revolution
the slow version dancing alone in my kitchen in bare feet

22 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

There is no word to how that makes me feel. But no, you have not forgot how to write.

March 20, 2022 at 5:44 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Oh darling Mary you found me!!!
XOr

March 20, 2022 at 5:46 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Oh, Rebecca.

March 20, 2022 at 5:50 PM  
Blogger carolyn said...

I've been waiting for you. XO

March 20, 2022 at 6:09 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

It is so lovely to see you again.

March 20, 2022 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Carolyn, thank youthank you thank you 💗

March 20, 2022 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Allison! Allo! Potato salad and watermelon in the kitchen drinks on the deck.
XOr

March 20, 2022 at 6:12 PM  
Blogger Ramona Quimby said...

Hello, hello! We are awash in cherry blossoms down here; so glad you have reappeared.

March 20, 2022 at 6:28 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Ramona dear Lion Heart hello and hurray for the cherry light of spring 🌸

March 20, 2022 at 6:29 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

There you are! I kept a light on, even though I loved thinking of you roaming, I still hoped you'd return sometimes, and how wonderful to read you again. No. You have not forgotten how to write. Not at all.

March 20, 2022 at 7:48 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Darling R, I felt your light into my darkest and brightest days 💫
XOr

March 20, 2022 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger Linda Sue said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 21, 2022 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Linda Sue! I didn’t get here soon enough to answer you face to face or what passes for face to face these days. Welcome back! Here’s hoping for early spring 🌹🌹🌹

March 22, 2022 at 8:01 AM  
Blogger Linda Sue said...

removed because it sounded a bit stalkerish, Anyway- good to read you, Rebecca! Missed you , wishing you a happy springtime in the PNW rain.

March 22, 2022 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Not stalkerish at all. I needed a warm welcome back to a warm populated room. I The frogs (such a racket) believe in sun and spring so I believe. Let’s go!

March 22, 2022 at 8:05 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Hello, hello darling poet! So good to see you here again.
Xoxo
Barbara

March 22, 2022 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger Pixie said...

I came here from Ms. Moon and I'm glad I did. Just reading over some of your previous posts. I like your writing.

March 22, 2022 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Barbara hello hallo allo! Calling through the voidoid to you 📞
XOr

March 22, 2022 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Hi Pixie and thank you. Your name made me smile. Welcome.

March 22, 2022 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

and this is how we dance again. you swam up. you swam back across. (i will mimic the rhythm and feel of that first paragraph for my novel. it suits.) good the gods are great. good to feel the seas move across your arms while you write. you are water and butter and salt. i think you are a biscuit.

March 22, 2022 at 4:14 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Rebecca! I hope I am not a fallen biscuit. Fallen angel? That remains undecided.
OXrtl

March 23, 2022 at 1:25 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Well, this is beautiful -- you here again and then the writing, oh the writing. That poem. Wow.

March 27, 2022 at 1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home