Friday, April 20, 2018

I walked all through the street fair which was basically just sad with vendors mostly selling stuff they sell at souvenir shops i.e. crap and surly clowns making balloons and curly fries and meaty meat meatolicious foodstuffs though I did buy a bracelet made from spoons actually made from Tupperware Rose pattern spoon handles from 1954 with a beautiful piece of turquoise in the center I have seen awful pieces of silverware jewelry and have never hankered after it on account of clunkiness but this piece is delicate and held together on the back with a strong magnet and a safety chain I took a picture of my hand wearing the bracelet but my hand looked hideous and old to myself which of course it is so here is a picture of another of this shop's pieces so you can get a good idea of it I had no idea that Tupperware made silverware and I admit that I love Tupperware with my whole girly heart and have only three pieces which I bought at the county fair I'm pleased as heck with this beautiful little bracelet which is so slender I can wear it with my watch easily without banging into anything

after the street fair I went to a very small cafe called The Lunchbox Diner and ate a sandwich with cream cheese avocados red onions sprouts and cucumbers on the most amazing piece of focaccia that tasted like freshly baked bread and when I paid at the counter I told the man who took my money how impressed I was with it and he got all beamy and told me he had made it just this morning I brought half of it home which I just ate which made my stomach hurt again again again because I waited until I got home to take my meds

so it goes

no poem today

dry

xo

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Well, I can only imagine that a street fair would suck all of the juice out of you for a bit. It would me. Mostly though I want to say that I would have bought that bracelet in one hummingbird heartbeat. Yes, yes, yes. I love the image of you wearing it.
My hands too. Oh dear.
Do you remember, "You're soaking in it!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzmTtusvjR4
No wonder we're so fucking weird.
I love you.

April 20, 2018 at 5:15 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Oh I remember Madge. Just ewwww!
XO

April 20, 2018 at 5:31 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Right? And why did we think we should take advice from her?

April 20, 2018 at 5:45 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

love that bracelet. also love avocado slices on top of garden vegetable cream cheese on ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread with pink salt and ground peppercorns and red pepper flakes sprinkled over it. you made me think of that and now i think i'm off to make that for my breakfast.

April 22, 2018 at 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home