Friday, August 10, 2018

Dear Darklings,

I miss writing here but it interferes with my work now my terrible breathless amazing race to the finish line I have hired an editor to do some fine tuning on my mss working almost every day (yesterday I dug potatoes out of the ground and picked some tomatoes then sat in the bath tub and cried for an hour then ate half a brick of cheddar cheese) when I am not working here at my desk or digging in the dirt or rolling around with the feral kittens I am embroidering I have gone back to the Black Milk project I started a few years ago I have one new piece and one half piece the embroidery keeps my hands going while my brain stays lodged in finishing Queer Wing-ed I will be back in September soon soon I'm posting parts of my mss that I have left out of the finished copy pieces I love but that don't fit for one reason or another it's all I can talk about now it's been all I have been talking about for almost ten years

Love


Black Milk 3
pink embroidery floss, yarn, cocktail napkin, blood 




6 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

oh darling rebecca, i so understand. i am posting a bit less frequently too because my brain is wheeling with my own project and the writing energy must go there, because, well, contacts. I'm so happy for you, trundling along to the finish line, and the pieces you're posting are extraordinary. I think that your embroidery is like my jigsaw puzzles. while i'm doing them my brain is roving, making connections, almost in the background. writing can be a thrilling pursuit sometimes.

August 10, 2018 at 8:07 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

contracts, not contacts. sheesh.

August 10, 2018 at 8:07 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I am not writing have not been writing and it's great sorrow. What died inside of me? I know, I know- whatever it was I killed it and there's no way around that.
You are going through such a time of fecundity with words and with garden and with handwork and with red, red blood. I am so glad for you and you deserve every bit of it all because you never stop. Not ever.

August 10, 2018 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger beth coyote said...

Hello there-grand to see you on my blog which I neglect until I don't. Kitties are often the only curative medicine. I picked all the apples off my little tree (seven apples!) Swam in the lake. Watched the smokey laden sky. Strange times we're in but Queer /winged may just save us.

August 15, 2018 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

I came in search of the Queer-Winged trailer that I saw on twitter, looking forward to watching it again. I absolutely loved it.

August 18, 2018 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I can't wait til your book.

August 18, 2018 at 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home