Monday, March 25, 2019

here is what I think

I have been trying to avoid writing about the politics of politics so I am going to write this once now and only once now that I have cleaned my granite countertops then polished my granite countertops then sealed my granite countertops now that I have swept then microdusted my floor now that I have scrubbed my floor now that I have changed my sheets now that I have put on a clean tablecloth with a pattern of poppies now that I have moved my popcorn popper and blender and cast iron tortilla maker into the pantry because I don't use them much now that I have taken off my winter nightgown and put on a summer dress now that I have taken my meds that don't much work now that I have primly eaten a salad for lunch now that I have watched exactly one episode of Mad Men now that I have finished my library book now that I have fed my sourdough starter and listened to its song now that I have avoided the news today I want to say with sorrow that I believe we are in for another five years of the tiny king in charge of our country I believe in the stupidity of the American people I believe in the racism of the American people I believe those white supremacists who once hid now have permission from their tiny stupid king to come out from behind their white sheets and Walmarts and Cabelas and churches and minivans and Soldiers for Christ biker clubs and be as hateful and cruel as they want no matter who is filming them no matter their shaming on Twitter in fact I think they love the attention as most bullies do I think our tiny king is stupid and the worst bully of all I think our tiny king is evil and I believe he will stay in office until his nasty bloated heart explodes and I am sorry for thinking this but I have watched Terrible America crawl out of their tidy homes and beautiful kingdom come churches to have the tiny king autograph their family bibles I have seen children die on television be caged on television be shot in schools and nothing is being done to stop it and it will go on until the tiny king dies I do not believe any of our candidates can fix this Armageddon we have unleashed upon ourselves where demonic forces wage war on the soft bodies of children I believe all we can do at this point is speak out against racism and stupidity and hate we must use our voices stand up to it when we see it we must seek a new grass roots revolution and take it to heart Terrible America isn't going to fix itself and that's it for now

love
peace

8 Comments:

Blogger Tom Beckett said...

I agree.

March 26, 2019 at 5:52 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

(((((Thank you Tom)))))

March 26, 2019 at 5:55 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I can't disagree with one thing that you said although I wish with all of my heart I could because I am scared as hell.

March 26, 2019 at 6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scared as hell too.
Xoxo
Barbara

March 26, 2019 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I hope it isn't five more years, think it won't be five more years, but what's unleashed, is unleashed, what's been peeled back is the thin skin of terrible America, rotten at its core. May it become something new. Please.

March 28, 2019 at 11:21 PM  
Blogger Elle Clancy said...

I hope to god there won't be more of this awful man but I agree, we must never forget who has allowed their true selves to be seen. The racists, the homophobes, the truly awful souls.

March 30, 2019 at 4:14 AM  
Blogger Lulu LaBonne said...

I fear this too. Over the pond we too are smashing into little pieces - Sometimes thinking about Jacinda Ardern helps a bit. Sending you warm over-the-airwaves hugs xxx

March 31, 2019 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Yep, you are exactly right. This morning I read that the budget for the Hanford clean up is being cut. The new estimate for completion is 2079. I just can't stand it.

April 7, 2019 at 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home