Saturday, May 23, 2020

Pig and farm report


I’m still exploring the island in my car every day a Sunday drive as in an imagined 1950s advertisement for Chevrolet lately it’s been Utsalady Bay where the wealthy live three months a year in gorgeous houses and lower their boats into the water in slings when the mood strikes them there is a narrow road between the beach houses and the forest and when I drive along it people who live there glare at me out their windows the house in this photo had a little table outside with a petition on it to sign either for or against sex education in the schools I didn’t look that closely at it but I can guess given the political climate of this area and of course the petition was only for their neighbors not an interloper that house also had three dome cameras attached to it though it’s so out of the way I doubt if they have a lot of crime I waved vigorously at the spy eyes there really is not a lot of crime out here at all the only crime I read about on the most recent police blotter was a boat tailgating a whale alongside Tillicum Way who the hell harasses a whale anyway

I knew the whales were back though I haven’t spotted one yet since the state park reopened though camping is still restricted and I’m glad for it because it is too soon too problematic I think restaurants and bars and sports and churches are going to end up looking very different in the After but the old guard wants everything to go back to normal there is no normal now

I find it easier to believe revolution is at hand I refuse to become rigid in mind or body

my son is back yesterday he caulked my bathroom closet bless his eyes I’m reading my Robert Heinlein book and a book called Plant Magic by Christine Buckley that has some superb recipes for tinctures and medicinal teas and infusions a lot of it is kind of funny and basic for instance I have been talking to my plants and trees for years still it is a good read I am going to make some herbal infused honey once I can get some local honey I have a bee keep on the north end of the island and they will ship me a large jar for a lot of money an exorbitant amount of money actually

it’s cold and dreary this morning I have pinto beans in my wee slow cooker and I’m going to scramble us up some of Jack’s spectacular orange yolked eggs and do some mending and go to the beach and talk to my trees and plants and son and watch the sky

hello and love from Summer’s End



4 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Oh, the beautiful water! I thought of you yesterday when I was driving back from the berry farm as I drove under the canopies and on the red dirt. I thought, "Rebecca would love this." And I bet you would.
Pintos are my favorite of all the beans.

May 23, 2020 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

My favorites too Mary. These came from the farmers market last summer and they are so creamy and good. That red road was beautiful. ❤️

May 23, 2020 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Hello to you at summer’s end. And love too.

May 23, 2020 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Hello hello New York and love. I’m glad you are the one tending the city I adore.

May 23, 2020 at 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home