Monday, June 28, 2021

 The world needs a narrative.

~Henry Darger

I am at zero a plague of Musca domestica streams from a hole in my side wrapped wrapped and wrapped who knows what is happening there I don’t want to look I can be the rag man easy enough disappear into the granary July’s oblivious meat I say I I say me the city heaves and buckles cars slide into trees weapons fired close by I say I I say me ask what what was that no one answers why should they a child two streets away drowned in a wading pool watched only by a dog. Summer is spelt is mold and stillborn mice a crow carrying a dead crow in its beak.  I sleep in my chair my knees and teeth ache. I can’t think of a reason to stop crying. In three days I will be the oldest I have ever been. What a terrible sad movie. I never should have watched never ever. I hope for a storm.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

that last bit. don't know i should have read that. i think paul bowls just lifted up the desert and shoved me underneath.

June 28, 2021 at 6:02 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I guess it is a time for sleeping in chairs.

June 29, 2021 at 6:08 AM  
Blogger Pamela Johnson Parker said...

Marvelous, especially the cascade of images from "Summer is".

June 30, 2021 at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home