Saturday, April 2, 2022

April 2.

 Remember Rebecca how it felt to step to the water’s edge?


On Maundy Thursday I baked blueberry pie
beans and apples don’t wear a light color dress
the berries will burst their guts on you
the way giving blood feels like letting go
of everything

or how at certain times in my life parts
of my body went numb in spring the black
tailed deer chewed honeycrisp apples in the snow
in front of my house her body
the color of elephant tusks

on Shrove Tuesday I ate the cake purple
and gold straight through to the plastic baby
clack clack on my tooth and kayakers
dotted the Stillaguamish River 
swift primary flags like standards
bright narrow countries
yet to be discovered

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

You should not eat Baby Jesus. Jesus must be eaten in the ripe, mature phase via the communion wafer. Don't chew! Jesus does not like that.
Or, just eat a vanilla wafer and chew all you want. Jesus doesn't have a word to say about THAT.

April 2, 2022 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Good thing I didn’t swallow ❤️‍🔥

April 2, 2022 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

the last two lines brought tears to my eyes --

April 2, 2022 at 9:54 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Oh thank you !

April 3, 2022 at 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home