Saturday, January 18, 2020

addendum

I was never a fan of Fleetwood Mac because I think Stevie Nicks sounds like a billy goat a billy goat in lots of gossamer scarves and fanciful hats but this song in particular has always alarmed me because at first listen and frankly who needs more that a first listen it sounds to me like a man singing just lay you down in the tall grass and let me do my stuff

and that is just gross

also I’ve been laid down in the tall grass especially when I lived on the commune in the mountains  and I can tell you right now it made my entire body itch for days after no matter how many times I stood in the outside shower lathering up in Dr. Bronner’s Pure Peppermint Oil Soap under the watchful eyes of various cows horses and random other hippies and we were all random then and yes I still use the soap I use it for everything and so does my son

I baked a gorgeous loaf of bread tonight and every time I bake bread I remember my years on the commune with such fondness those women who were just a couple years older than I taught me not only how to bake bread and grow a garden and milk a goat they taught me how to be human and I will love them forever





7 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I never liked Fleetwood Mac either.
Dr. Bronner's though? I, too, still use it every day. Dilute! Dilute!
I am so glad the ladies on the commune took you in. I never lived in a commune but I sure learned a lot from a few hippie women who came into my life.

January 19, 2020 at 5:52 AM  
Blogger Barbara S said...

Your gorgeous hair and smile. Still gorgeous!
Xoxo
Barbara

January 19, 2020 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

I always wanted to live in a commune. One where the women are kind.

January 19, 2020 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I was feral when I got there. I had never seen anybody cook except for my father making fried potatoes and fish he just caught when we went camping and I had certainly never had kind good smart women care for me. It was astounding and it changed me forever.

January 19, 2020 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Barbara thank you! My hair was a little bit wild. It still is I’m delighted to say. Hello!

January 19, 2020 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger Pamela Johnson Parker said...

Your hair and you are always beautiful.

I love Fleetwood Mac and also Stevie Nix but that song? NONONO. I always thought Lindsey Buckingham was singing lead with Stevie backing him up. XOX (and no commas either). Pamela

January 19, 2020 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Pamela thank you and hahaha yep.

January 19, 2020 at 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home