Saturday, February 8, 2020

Pig and farm report



that is now yard where the Overlook chicken coop used to be

it stopped raining long enough for me to swim up the hill to my mailbox this morning only to find a jury summons for my son coiled and damp like a snake jury duty out here on Camano Island means you have to drive for 45 minutes to Mukilteo and take the morning ferry to Whidbey Island there can be a three hour wait at the ferry on week day mornings because it’s close to the big airplane factory

I was going to make myself black beans and scrambled eggs for breakfast but my son is coming home this afternoon and he’s going to freak out about the jury summons and now my stomach aches thinking about his freaking out so I can’t eat

my white roses have a scent but it isn’t rose scent it’s florist refrigerator case scent also a scent I love as it speaks to me of excitement and anticipation but it’s not helping this morning so I’m abstract cleaning and trying to get by with standing on my front porch breathing like the fish I am

I will return after my son’s freak out

Valhalla is burning and the white male gods are falling into the fire

from Frankissstein by Jeanette Winterson




ps. There was 100% no freak out yay

7 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

jury duty sounds like a schlep indeed. can get out of it?

February 8, 2020 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I know exactly what you mean about the refrigerated case floral scent. I love it too.
My stomach is aching today too and I don't even know why but...yeah. I know, Rebecca. I'm sorry.

February 8, 2020 at 9:04 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

R, it will be 15 hour days for him providing the ferries are even in service given the storms we’ve been having. He has done jury duty six times in the past arghhhhh he will try to get out of it yes

February 8, 2020 at 9:15 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary I am trying to hold even but apparently I am open to his panic attacks as well as mine what interesting times ♥️ Page’s 2000 truck is not reliable so I will offer him mine if it helps

February 8, 2020 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I ended up calling him just now so he could freak out in his truck on his way here and that might backfire because he didn’t freak out at all and now it will have time to...build up steam. Maybe. Let me be clear though. My son is not a Ramey scary monster. All of my panic and fear lives inside me. I own it. And I couldn’t find my recipe for cinnamon rolls so I didn’t make them even though the recipe is in my head.

February 8, 2020 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Ps ragey not Ramey.

February 8, 2020 at 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I wish all the white male gods would fall into the fire. The flooding looks frightening!
Xoxo
Barbara

February 8, 2020 at 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home