Sunday, February 16, 2020

Waking up in spite of it all which feels like spring




I have a cough which entered my body the way a bird or small animal would enter it flew or crawled into my mouth and inside my chest when I was standing at the beach during a windstorm my head is happy maybe the cough is a diorama in the medicine chest of my imagined illness

I’m going to go stand in the garden and yell at my tulip bulbs for a bit

Mini Movie review revue

Joker
Loved it

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
Loved it

Rocketman
Really really really bad just so awful bad all of it terrible

Bohemian Rhapsody 
Only really bad I couldn’t stop watching Rami Malek trying to fit his lips around Freddy Mercury’s teeth this was incredibly distracting but the music was pretty good though not pure Queenly only partially Queenly

Little Women (1994)
I loved this book when I was a girl and I loved this movie in 1994 but it feels extremely off now I haven’t seen the new version yet but it seems that Marmee in spite of her transcendence only wanted to marry or bury her daughters and all the creeping on Jo by American Psycho Patrick Bateman at the coming out party ugh and then Jo gave him to her stupid sister? and Jo married the man who hammered her manuscript twice really? REALLY JO? REALLY??? what really sucked is I cried at the end of the movie in my bathroom because I didn’t have a manuscript tied in raffia ready to go off to be published in New York even though I do and I realized I would never ever be a published author even though I am one good thing about this movie is it reminded me that I did have a girlhood which I sometimes question even though it was lived inside of books


Now I’m exhausted from all this nothing please don’t doctor me I have taken on a Holy shirt to prepare for Easter

7 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

Oh, I hope you see the new Little Women, I loved it and at the end my face was washed with tears for love the book, the absolutely loving way in which a book is made just blew me away. The new version definitely has its moments. I'd love to hear how it slips into so much context for you.

February 16, 2020 at 10:30 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

It is raining and dreary here today and I am drained of everything. I am going to sit on the couch and untangle wool and watch movies.
I would like to watch Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. Did you go to the actual theater to watch it?

February 16, 2020 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear R, I will definitely see it for the sake of continuity but also Laura Dern. I will take a tissue.
XXXOOO

February 16, 2020 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear Mary alas no it is a library rental. It has been a long while now since I have been to a movie in a theater. We have a theater here or in Mt. Vernon but there was a mass shooting there and it is haunted and creepy. I wrote about it a couple weeks ago. XO

February 16, 2020 at 1:10 PM  
Blogger Supervillainess said...

I also was very offended by both male characters - Laurie mocked her when he found out she made $2 from her first acceptance, so he's out, and then Mr. German dude was really really unnecessarily mean about the work she loved so now I know why she stayed single in real life. I've also not taken myself out to see the new version, but I've seen all the old versions, so I may be "Little Women" ed out.

February 16, 2020 at 1:58 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

J9 yes I agree but I will see it to the end the kind of perverse commitment to the source material which probably didn’t age any better than the films. Definitely needs a reread!

February 16, 2020 at 7:16 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I adored the new version of Little Women. Absolutely. I refuse to see a Tarantino movie. Agreed on the Elton John. So so terrible. I enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody, but those teeth really threw me. I don't think I could stand Joker because of the clown thing.

February 16, 2020 at 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home