Sunday, May 10, 2020

The blackberry situation

I went out to water the garden this morning and to inspect the blackberry situation and discovered another new rhododendron this one tender white with a pale yellow center growing under the red rhododendron that trots around under the deck like a made up poodle and I realized that the fake blackberry vines with their vicious thorns came from the pile of dead wood I picked up from the yard and threw up there after one of those mean windstorms last year I’m sorry whorish red rhododendron I’m sorry tender white rhododendron under the deck working through your own alien passion play starring gold bright furry bumblebees as choir and angels I didn’t even make it back into the house before a panic attack zippered through me biled my blood cramped my guts shook me in its  sharp teeth but by bog I’m going to reverse the river climb up the wall with my long handled loppers and leather gloves and fight like the street kid I have always been and hack away at that vine in pieces drop each piece carefully into the yard waste bin so it cannot further multiply and be fruitful as soon as the panic lets me loose as soon as the panic unswallows me as soon as the panic flees the house

It’s good to have a plan

Panic, begone, I will have no more of thee!
~  false Rosemary’s Baby quote

I also have to make guacamole because I suddenly am overwhelmed with avocados which is so odd in this time of want but I am loathe to waste anything so much so that my refrigerator is crammed full which also feeds my anxiety because the refrigerator is now eating for two or maybe twelve and is groaning with leftovers but the shopping by delivery is so awful and haphazard that sometimes I get twice as many (avocados) and sometimes I get nothing (peanut butter)

Prince Hal is crying for me to come back to bed but I’m resisting so far so far so far

this post went nowhere fast

here are some volunteers and one of the spectacular giant ferns unfurling




2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

So, so, SO beautiful.
I wish I could rip the teeth out that anxiety. At least that.
I've found that avocados do pretty well when put in the refrigerator at maintaining freshness. I'd never done it before but have been doing it lately.
Love you, darling woman.

May 10, 2020 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you Mary. I am flattened. ♥️

May 10, 2020 at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home