Monday, June 28, 2021

Pig and farm report

It’s 107 degrees in Seattle and 99 out here on the Western edge parts of the interstate are buckling there are rolling blackouts in the city I stood in the murky water near the boat ramp this morning then kept standing there up to my knees then the tide came up to my waist fast before the drop off O jellies swim away swim away I came home and ate a fried egg sandwich and blue corn chips aka bat wings with the hothot salsa I made to counteract my own gnawing brain all I can manage in this weirdness salt and fat the food of my people today I happily flopped around in front of my fan read my book and tried to convince the cats to eat some ice it’s too hot for the television in a while I’ll run cold water in my lovely bathtub and sit there to trick myself into thinking any of this is okay




What we look like to the fishies 




8 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

the end is surely neigh

June 28, 2021 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

I hope so.

June 28, 2021 at 6:29 PM  
Blogger Ramona Quimby said...

my god it's unbearable. Even still tonight at almost 7Pm it's still 111 in my neighborhood.

June 28, 2021 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Stay safe sister!!!

June 28, 2021 at 6:52 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I do not know how you people without air conditioning can deal with this. Of course, it is our air conditioning that is part of the reason we're here now, I'm sure.

June 29, 2021 at 6:09 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Apocalyptic for sure. Your pictures are beautiful, though.

June 29, 2021 at 10:01 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Hot on this side of the country too. I love that you can wade right into the sea.

June 29, 2021 at 6:21 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear, I am thankful we didn’t have to deal with humidity like you do there. Seat safe my friend ♥️🔥

June 30, 2021 at 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home