Tuesday, April 5, 2022

April 5.

When my mouth goes round

Oooos come out cartoon clouds embarrassed
by my excess my beak long in its nest
a hiss the weave wind water rising
a screen whickered off the kitchen window
cracked then slid into the undergarden

I dissolved the pill on my tongue a cranky host
the rabbit king dissolved on my tongue
as tru la tru lala storms sang across the Salish Sea
tru la tru lala rabbits sang in the undergarden

when I was a girl I tried to fry an egg on the sidewalk
in a thick Spokane summer in the equinox I balanced
the same egg on its end or was it midnight hidden
in the lilac bushes the blue polished egg I rolled
in my mouth like my own little pow as the rabbits
watched their pink eyes twitching

5 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

i rolled over in my mouth, inside my own mouth, where god polished me, a stone in my mother's rock tumbler, crashing round and round in the basement. some cracks become soft become sand, become water, become the breath we left behind yesterday, what we'll dig up tomorrow, on rebecca's cold beach.

April 5, 2022 at 7:16 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Cold and windy but full of life.

April 5, 2022 at 7:43 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

"undergarden"
Yes. That is where screens go when they they whicker off of kitchen windows.

April 6, 2022 at 6:21 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Ai ya, we all end up in the undergarden eventually.

April 6, 2022 at 6:24 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

ah, yes, full of life and growing things., i hope this poetry writing doesn't do me IN. i just posted for today. it's very ligth HEARTED. but still....

April 6, 2022 at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home