Monday, December 18, 2023

in the seventh year


Today is the seventh anniversary of my moving into this green house on this green acre on this green island on this blue planet. I have missed writing to you here. All I can do is start and work my way backward with a scant map. I stepped on a yellow flag in my yard and it lit my shoes. The mermaid weathervane is gone from the roof of the little house on the beach and now the house shivers naked when the wind kicks up. I stepped on the scale that I hide from myself in the bathroom closet and no numbers appeared and I said am I dead? Later that night I fainted and cracked my head open on the tiles and my head bled and bled and my son was here and because there was so much blood he called the ambulance and the ambulance and subsequent hospital visit ate my Christmas. I now have a lumpy red scar on my forehead which I have named Ophelia Beulah-land McDashery. The hospital doctors declared that I had syncope and charged me three thousand dollars immediately for sticking my head together with actual glue. I have been telling doctors that I have syncope for over 40 years but was never believed or just ignored until the hospital declared it. Now it is on my permanent record "Patient faints." I'll be she goat goddamned. Later on I was poisoned by a sprig of rosemary.

Welcome back darklings. I have no idea if anyone will see this. Perhaps not. Now I'm going out into the world because I'm out of coffee. If you find me here I am thrilled. Forgive me my wanderings. I have wanted to return for a long while.

Love
Rebecca

16 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Oh gosh. Yes! Here you are, my darling poet-musician friend who makes the best sourdough bread in the world. I am so happy you have opened this window.

December 18, 2023 at 11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So good to see you here again! I’m so sorry about head wound, hope it heals quickly. It truly doesn’t seem like it’s been 7 years, it’s a magical number for your magical place in the enchanted woods.
Xoxo
Barbara

December 18, 2023 at 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Rebecca Loudon said...

Mary and Barbara I have yet to figure out how to reply to you individual posts. Used to could do it this way so now I will cobble with my way through it. I’m so happy to see you both here! Sub stack was beginning to feel to parochial or something I don’t know they kept sending me email saying I wasn’t posting enough. It made me nervous. So here we are! XOR

December 18, 2023 at 11:44 AM  
Anonymous Radish King said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 18, 2023 at 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feels like those blogless years were a bad dream. Glad to have you home, Radish King. I don’t remember my URL so they call me anonymous.
Marylinn Kelly

December 18, 2023 at 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marylinn! I am anonymous to, and I live here. XOR

December 18, 2023 at 1:14 PM  
Anonymous Ivy said...

Hello, Ms LEL! Thank you for wandering back! Welcome home! ❤️❤️❤️

December 18, 2023 at 1:29 PM  
Anonymous Ivy said...

Also, I hope you feel better soon, and that Ms Ophelia Beulah-land McDashery (mis)behaves herself.

December 18, 2023 at 1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Princess Ivy, thank you for dropping in. Love in the holly day season. XOR

December 18, 2023 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

OMG Rebecca! How I've missed visiting with you here. I feel like I just got a piece of my world that makes everything more lovely and glittery, but of course, I'm also concerned about your fall, the blood, your head, how are you doing now my darling woman? I am glad your son was there with you, and knew what to do, and I do hope Ophelia Beulah-land McDashery soon leaves you in peace, with no trace of her visit. You know what else I missed? They way you cannot write a sentence that isn't poetry.

December 18, 2023 at 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Rebecca Loudon said...

Oh darling Rosemarie it feels so holiday celebratory in here today. Thank you for dropping by. I feel at home now. Love Rebecca

December 18, 2023 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger N2 said...

So good to see you back writing here. So sorry about the bump on the floor and resulting bump on the head. Wishing you comfort and joy! x0x0 N2

December 18, 2023 at 3:35 PM  
Anonymous Rebecca said...

Welcome back N2! Happy belated Beethoven’s Birthday.

December 18, 2023 at 4:13 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Rebecca of low-slung branches and misty shores. I am so relieved and glad and happy and joyous that you are back. Rebecca, oh my captain, oh my rosebud girl. I love you so much. Happy is the day that brought you back to us all.

December 18, 2023 at 4:55 PM  
Anonymous Rebecca Loudon said...

Rebecca you found me!!! But I was here all along just moving invisible along the wires like a ghost. Love, Rebecca the lesser

December 18, 2023 at 5:08 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I worked my way back and here I am. So glad that you are writing here.

December 26, 2023 at 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home