Wednesday, November 23, 2016

I have never felt less like cooking in my entire life. All those pumpkin pie makings on my counter just there all unpied. Last night I made a brie and fig en croute with leftover puff pastry that was in the stripper fridge. And figs real ones. I have some crackers. I am happy to just eat the entire en croute and get back to packing. Honestly I can't think beyond next week. I had to go the market for more celery this morning and I got stuck in the Christmas Crap Aisle just truly stuck with my mouth open then drool. When I was checking out the lady who bagged my celery asked me if I had moved yet and I told her almost then she said would I give her my landlord slumlord's name when I leave and I warned her about him but she needs a house close by the store with a large fenced in back yard her daughter has a service dog then she told me she was homeless for two years because she had to leave her husband who was raping her every night. We were both in tears by then right there by the cash register we were hugging and crying and I told her I know I know and again embraced by a stranger for the second time in two weeks another woman who feels in danger in the same store. I am overwhelmed with emotion right now. She allowed it to all swim up. Her name is Dorothy. Her name is Dorothy.

7 days
7 days
7 days

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm crying for Dorothy. So many women struggling under tremendous loads. I'll never forget for a minute how incredibly lucky I am. There was a time I lived on tomatoes for a month, but I had something to eat. Brie with figs sounds brilliant!
Xoxo
Barbara

November 23, 2016 at 1:12 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Tomatoes are red perfect saviors. I am so glad you found me her Barbara.
Love
Rebecca

November 23, 2016 at 1:48 PM  
Anonymous Kellie said...

I just love you. Thank you for inviting me into your world.

November 23, 2016 at 7:42 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Oh Kellie thank you! It is no accident that the universe brought us together. There are some truly inspiring and brilliant women who read and post here. Welcome to the table. You're going to fit right in.
Love
Rebecca

November 23, 2016 at 8:18 PM  
Blogger liv said...

Two women, the same market - sacred ground. Abandoned cats find me. Women in need find you. They somehow know we are safe. Bless Dorothy's heart.

It's marked on the calendar, I can't wait. I think you might just float through that door right into your paradise.xoxoo

November 23, 2016 at 10:15 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Liv, I hope you are happy and brimming today but not with tears unless they are happy tears. Holidays these holidays at least stir up deep waters in those of us who had less than stellar childhoods. Love to you and waving down to you from Seattle. xoxox

November 24, 2016 at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home