Wednesday, December 7, 2016

I need to write but I discovered my breakfast place on my island
I am not really a going out to dinner person unless it's a date
I am most definitely a going out to breakfast person no matter the time or day
THE FARMER'S CAFE
seriously I may die of full
AMAZING BREAKFAST

I have furniture now all wrapped in plastic like Laura Palmer and helter skelter inside Summer's End all I need to do is screw on the legs
I have new sheets and pillow cases and a comforter and a classy duvet and a pale blue and green quilt with starfish and octopuses on it
I have pale blue towel-sheets and hand towels and matching wash cloths a first in my life
I have a fucking pale pink cake stand
I have never had a cake stand in my entire not to mention a pale pink cake stand which is why my gorgeous cakes always kind of sink in the middle much like my body has done
tomorrow I am taking the day off because my cold is not getting better and my leg still hurts like hell especially in the cold though I've been doing my physical therapy exercises and it's hard to make myself be still first thing every morning I'm packing my car my son is packing his truck and we make the trek out and back
today my son moved his '57 Chevy named Bettie Page or just Bettie or The Spank Mobile as I call her for obvious reasons especially if you know who Bettie Page is to the island and parked and covered her then he put his surfboard in his room next to his bed where it actually fits

(extremely awkward sentence do I care? no nope not one whit)

we have board games piled up in the library closet now it looks like the closet in The Royal Tenenbaums without the wild boar stuffed head the funny thing is neither my son nor I like to play board games except for GO and backgammon I just like to collect them and have over the years perhaps expecting children to visit

children are going to visit and soon but I'm not allowed to write about it here

HOLY SHIT I HAD BREAKFAST AT 7:30 THIS MORNING AND I AM DISGUSTINGLY FULL STILL AND YES THE PLACE WAS FULL OF FARMERS

today I got the reciept that The Slumlord received my notice to vacate right after he sent me a "funny" Christmas card with a photo of himself and his two grown daughters and a text asking if anything needed to be attended to in the house


hahahhahhhahahhahhahahahahhaaaa





Love to you Darklings wherever you may be and Happy Birthday to Tom Waits if you observe





5 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fX_VYWP4xs

December 7, 2016 at 4:43 PM  
Anonymous Ashley said...

This is all so freaking badass, like a Christmas present. Enjoy it all!

December 7, 2016 at 5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"All wrapped in plastic like Laura Palmer" Best laugh I've had all day. Rest and feel better soon.
Xoxo
Barbara
P.s. "I am a face sympathizing with your grief" arrived a few days ago and it's stunning. Thank you for your recommendation.

December 7, 2016 at 6:55 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

This makes me so happy. A breakfast cafe is a wonderful thing.

December 8, 2016 at 1:52 AM  
Blogger liv said...

Thank god there is a good breakfast place, it's such a relief to know - warm place, good coffee...good hash browns!

Yes, I do know who Bettie Page was, god rest her sweet soul.

You are just hummmming along, sweetie, it's so fun to share your joy...Be Joyful!!!!

December 8, 2016 at 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home