Friday, December 2, 2016

I have so much to write that my brain pretty much shut itself off like a Mr. Coffee drip pot
yesterday I composed a NOTICE TO VACATE to the slumlord and mailed it certified so he will be sure to see it when he checks his PO Box in the middle of December it was professional and curt merry Christmas slumlord! and thank you innerlubes for your spectacular form letters

then I mailed change of address cards for both The Surfer and me so all our mail from today forward will go to Summer's End then I drove out to the island and met the male former owner of the house and his niece who is ten and the niece and I had a conversation and I mentioned that I was on my way to NY when I bought the house and she really swooned and said she always wanted to go there and she meant it and I got it deep because I wanted to go when I was ten also and then I told her I loved the blackboard in the dining room that I would use it to write and to help when I teach violin lessons and she, Z, said she wants to play violin

you never know the deeper reasons why things open up for you for me
this morning I had a conversation with Z's mom who said Z fell in love with me she said I was like a grandma which warmed my heart to bursting and I told her that I would give her a deep discount for lessons instead of $250 a month only $50 a month because I know they are in dire dire and I understand dire I understand dire dire too I understand deeply

so
new house
new violin student who loves to read and wants to go to NY
the universe is rapidly expanding
I'm sick as fuck maybe strep so I'm letting The Surfer do the work today and I'm staying home today but still

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

good morning Darklings and Love


11 Comments:

Blogger liv said...

Fantastic news! My favorite instrument is the violin. I have one, sans strings, perhaps I will get it strung and you can help me play a note.
Be Well xoxo

December 2, 2016 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

This gave me chills, the absolute best kind, because you and Z will change each other's lives in the absolute best way. You cannot imagine how thrilled I am for you watching you take this journey to Summer's End. In a weird way, I feel thrilled for me too, just knowing how happy you are with how it's unfolding. Life can be magical. But hon, get some medicine for that strep. It can sap you fast. And having met you, I know just what Z saw in you, and that she probably didnt want to leave your side either.

December 2, 2016 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you Liv. It has been my favorite instrument since I was five which is when I was still taking piano lessons and the was lucky to be allowed to switch to violin. In bed down for the count today no moving no nothing just me Musinex (sp?) and teevee. xoxox

December 2, 2016 at 11:08 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

R, I'm going to urgent care when Page gets back from Summer's End. Z and I had pure electricity between us I swear it was like a volt of electricity. This morning her mom told me she is a reader and I had mentioned that the third room would be a library which is where I will teach and that I have an entire bookshelf full of YA and childrens books. I didn't know then that Z was a reader. Z and her mom lived in Summer's End along with the owners. And your post made me cry because you get it. Thank you thank you thank you. I can't even imagine my own meeting Z and her mom and violin lessons (I have so missed teaching!!!) magical. Yes.

December 2, 2016 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger tearful dishwasher said...

perfect opening to your new life. spreading the deep and wild love.

i am so happy for you for all of us.


ps i miss you

December 2, 2016 at 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes!!! Oh how I wish I had met someone like you when I was 10. The universe is exploding with Joy. I know it sounds corny, but it was meant to be. Much love to you and everyone in your world. Glad to see you aren't messing around with strep. Be well soon.
Xoxo
Barbara

December 2, 2016 at 2:26 PM  
Blogger Supervillainess said...

The house is magic. Proof! Much love to you my darling R. Certainly you are back-owed some magic back taxes by the universe...

December 2, 2016 at 10:05 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It's a snowball of goodness.

Lucky, lucky Z.

December 4, 2016 at 9:54 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Wow, I've found you. I don't know how to keep you but I'll find you again. Lucky Z and you. It sounds like a match made in heaven. It will be wonderful to have a child in your life again. I wish I had you now! So you are in Summer's End now? I missed stuff. Must back read.

December 7, 2016 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger beth coyote said...

Thanks to all the devas and tree spirits and other wild things that live around your new wee home. Be well and enjoy your new abode.
XXXXXXX Beth

December 7, 2016 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger Marylinn Kelly said...

This post, young Z and a new violin student, a seeker of life and adventure, makes me so happy. The beginning of a beautiful friendship, at the very least. Hurrah! And also hurrah for new linens, furniture, room for The Surfer's surfboard, snow on the deck, a woman to clean for you, a pink cake stand, each delicious morsel helping to cancel anything ever dark and dreary. Bursting with shared joy. xoxo

December 14, 2016 at 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home