Tuesday, January 3, 2017

tiny miracle

Waking up in 28 degree weather in a warm comfortable house is amazing. This morning my skin didn't ache when I woke and I did not fear the toilet falling through the floor. I didn't shiver at all. Many tiny miracles smashed in together make life remarkable. I will strive to remember this every single day.

Once it gets light I'm going to the dump transfer station to recycle the mountain of flattened cardboard boxes that threatens to block me from the outside.

Woohoo! Going to the dump!

I am easily hurt and easily thrilled. You might think she's thin skinned POETRYWORLD'S favorite backward insult (you need to grow a thicker skin etc) which is crazytalktalk. You cannot be a poet with thick skin. You must feel everything.

Good 2017 Darklings and love.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love to you. Always grateful for tiny miracles.
Xoxo
Barbara

January 3, 2017 at 7:04 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Love right back to you as this year unfolds its damp wings Barbara.

January 3, 2017 at 7:47 AM  
Blogger susan t. landry said...

as i age, my skin has become thinner. (not in the psychological sense, but physically.) it's interesting, it crinkles instead of stretches; and wounds heal differently. i dont know; maybe it does extend to the psyche as well. in any case: i love your new home.

January 3, 2017 at 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home