Monday, January 2, 2017

my son my island

we drove for two minutes yesterday and found this beach there my son is up top walking while I jumped in ice puddles

today I drove to the True Value Hardware in the next town over an odd and amazing place where I spent almost an hour looking at every single thing some very strange some necessary for instance a laundry basket and a life sized plastic cow

I need to write more and honestly but I am devastated and my son is gone now so I can weep and wail and etc as befitting a woman of European ancestry and maybe tomorrow I will have the nerve

a note on cable teevee:

it is allowing me to read again right now I'm reading Judith Rossner's Attachments a book I've read at least five times since it was published in 1977

it is a Darkling night

2 Comments:

Blogger liv said...

Wonderful photo of your son.

I am soo sooooo sorry that you are suffering. It breaks my heart to know this, the whole thing breaks my heart. I wish I could help. I had to try really hard to remember the good times and not my mistakes. You had so many good times with him, I hope you can hold those close.

January 2, 2017 at 8:20 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love this post. It makes me miss you.

January 4, 2017 at 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home