Thursday, December 22, 2016

Darklings,

I did not miss the full moon but I felt her I've been so busy and today is the day I have been up packing since dawn and soon I will leave for the island then I'll come back and fetch the fur babies and bring them to their new home a VERY BIG DAY

then I get two days off and I'm going to cook my first meal in Summer's End and figure out the dishwasher

yesterday I took my first bath in Summer's End which might not seem like a big deal to those of you who have never seen the bathroom in this hovel it was heaven it felt like heaven it was pure and such a deep sigh escaped my body as I lowered myself into the water that my breath steamed every window in the house

I did my last bit of shopping late yesterday a garbage can with a foot pedal for the kitchen bamboo silverware holders and a small dish drying rack and stocking stuffers for The Surfer who has been kind and patient and long suffering and strong

I won't have interwebs until December 29th but tomorrow I'll have cable which means basic teevee and also a landline phone out there in the hinterlands I will be carrying around my almost dead Kindle until then grabbing free wifi where I can steal find it checking in on you all

there is a band of wild roaming chickens who visit my yard and the trees down below deck and sometimes they walk around in the street and sometimes they show up in someone else's yard they remind me of the Sharks and the Jets from West Side Story and they remind me of Mary Moon and I wonder where their eggs are but they are funny as hell

yesterday again the field was filled with white snow geese

oh oh and oh

miracles


3 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

the chickens and the snow geese are your welcome party, good omens all.

sorry about the knee.

December 22, 2016 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger liv said...

Every time you write, you reveal yet one more little miracle which adds up to one to one big outofthisworld hand-smack to the forehead with wonder. It's been waiting for you all your life. Levitation is quite peaceful, isn't it?

December 22, 2016 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Chickens! Now it is completely perfect. If you give them some cut up grapes they will love you.

December 23, 2016 at 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home