Sunday, December 18, 2016

Everyday miracles

Yesterday when I carried my two suitcases (there is no rolling of suitcases in the forest) into Summer's End a great blue heron was standing on the deck looking in. I held my breath there was no breath in me I became still as a rock as the heron made eye contact walked across the deck then flew off.

Getting ready with coffee and furry boots to head back to the island in the snow with more stuff under the bed stuff rolling around in my closet stuff and some black beans to soak over night so I can make soup tomorrow.

This flat blue space is boring but I am not bored not one bit. Gonna tree gonna listen to Christmas movies while I unpack gonna eat something all my food is over there over the river and through the woods literally.

Tomorrow I'm calling about getting innerlubes and cable set up so close now I can't even imagine Christmas though I am awash in a dream of sugarplum fairies and jolly old elves wake up! Wake up! Wake up!


Love

6 Comments:

Blogger liv said...

This is all your Christmases and all your presents combined into one big Christmas miracle!
So happy those colors will be changing. Can't wait to see your new colors. I always think a kitchen should be white. That's perfect.
LOVE to you xoxo

December 18, 2016 at 10:11 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Liv, this feels like 63 years of Christmas waiting to be unwrapped.
xoxoxoxox

December 18, 2016 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

ps. The entire house will be painted white inside. I have a lot A LOT of art that needs white walls.
x

December 18, 2016 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger Portia said...

Great blue heron! What a powerful blessing!

December 18, 2016 at 5:28 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Portia, hello! Welcome and I love that you have a Shakespearean name. I agree the Great Blue heron was an extremely powerful blessing. I was thrilled and awed.

December 18, 2016 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Pamela Johnson Parker said...

Great Blue heron--a trinity of blessings to your new abode from earth/air/water. This is one of the few creatures that inhabit all three...

December 21, 2016 at 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home