Saturday, December 17, 2016

drove very carefully in 27 degree weather and snow to Summer's End lugged in all the furniture and all my clothes and all my cds and all my boxes of books then we were both too tired to go fetch a tree much less paint so we're going to get the tree tomorrow and not move a damned thing just tree and treeing and treesome

did you ever dream of having a window seat in your bedroom? I have dreamed of it my entire and now I have made one



















I have an actual table now but I was too tired to take the plastic off the chairs much like June Cleaver and maybe your grandmother if you are of a certain age also there is a boy's graceful hand a small bag of bread and a slightly lewd winking Santa cookie jar with cookies in it the red kitchen reminds me of The Shining I'll be painting everything white























plants for oxygen more Christmas and snow on the deck orange BE GONE!

















The Surfer's '57 Chevy Bettie and his surfboard heading for Summer's End last week
















I go over four bodies of water to get to Summer's End first is the Snohomish River then Steamboat Slough then Union Slough then the Stillaguamish River then Davis Slough then the big wide ocean there is a spot where I turn to go down a hill and there is Possession Sound shimmering as bright as Easter morning it makes my breath catch in my throat every single time I will never get tired of seeing it never ever

I am utterly happy
I am utterly exhausted
I am utterly happy


6 Comments:

Blogger Elle Clancy said...

I am so happy for you, Rebecca; it is wonderful to have dreams and then have them come true. And at Christmas, no less. Perfect!

And your son's car/surfboard looks like something from a postcard...love it.

December 18, 2016 at 5:38 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

You remind me of when we moved into this house and I kept thinking, "My dream house, my dream house, my dream house" as in- I dreamed this house and here it is. You are home, Rebecca. You are home.

December 18, 2016 at 6:26 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Oh Rebecca, the light in your house is wonderful and your windows look out onto trees and sky. And that deck, that deck, I see it in my dreams.

December 18, 2016 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Elle, thank you! I had to dream for a very long time without giving up to get here. I love riding in The Surfer's car. It's like being in a parade.

December 20, 2016 at 8:26 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary so soon! Thursday will be our first night there. My son is going out there today to take out the garbage and I asked if I could come with him and he said no! He said once I get there I never want to leave. He is correct. Love.

December 20, 2016 at 8:32 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear R, the light there is superb. Yesterday I played my violin in there and those vaulted ceilings make for terrific acoustics. Much work to do but what a comfortable place. Love.

December 20, 2016 at 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home