Sunday, April 22, 2018

Pig and farm report

yesterday I cleaned and polished and resealed all six of my granite counters then I dusted then I sneezed then I vacuumed the house entire then I did three loads of laundry and two loads of dishes then I danced around then I cleaned the toilets then I sat on the kitchen floor and cleaned them vinegar and water with one wet micro fiber towel in my right hand and one dry micro fiber towel in my left polishing along the grain of the wood getting every single inch of that floor gleaming then I realized it was four pm and I felt great I felt fantastic what with my upper body workout and dancing etc then I realized the reason I felt so great was because I had not taken my tegretol which was not exactly a mistake I wanted to get the house clean before my stomach laid me flat then I ate a bowl of macaroni noodles and my own marinara made from tomatoes I grew and canned last summer then at 5 pm I took the tegretol and at six on the nose my stomach started hurting but it only hurt for a couple of hours by that time the wind had knocked out my power so I went to sleep and of course woke at 4 am made coffee and started the fire and I sat here in the living room waiting for the sun to come up

this is again much boring reportage not real writing at all but I felt like I accomplished something and was able to take my time with it my house sapphire bright all the laundry folded everything in order it is a feeling of great satisfaction after living in a house that I was never really able to make clean

I turned on my computer early to read about another another another shooting this time in a Waffle House in Tennessee incomprehensible and I blame it as a trickle down effect from the White House

I have nothing interesting to say except oh how the kitchen light shone on those floors this morning and I put my winter coat on over my nightgown and walked out to the deck-of-pollen-and-sneeze-death and saw the Lyrid meteor shower at least fifteen of them shooting across the dark sky and if you read this far and got to this point I can truly tell you I was entranced and delighted and amazed I watched until my feet began to freeze inside my boots then I came in and stood by the fire with a cat at my side and I feel amazing

Love

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

You got more done in one day than I get done in a month.
Did you wish on each shooting star?

April 22, 2018 at 7:20 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

first of all, i enjoy the window onto the day you've had. second, i do believe reportage is an important component of writing; it is observation, recollection, record, the small details that bring narrative to life, and third, you could not be boring if you tried. love.

April 22, 2018 at 7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

reading this is the most excellent start of my day. thank you
Rabbit Lady

April 23, 2018 at 12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A meteor shower! So glad you got to witness it! Much love.
Xoxo
Barbara

April 23, 2018 at 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home