Monday, April 30, 2018

Pig and farm report

 Stay
by Kevin Peterson

this national write a poem every day month has put me through the wringer emotionally mentally but I got 18 strong poems that I love I shook the worm can down to its dull aluminum bottom I tended the garden I danced I baked I hiked up and up then up further into the forest than I've gone since moving here I walked the beach at low tide I read all in all not bad one more to go and still I fell short two poems since I have one in my head for today it was an exercise in remembering for me an exercise in practicing the art of allowing myself to write crap an exercise in immediacy in art most importantly I remembered that I am a poet a writer something I had begun to doubt I quit FaceBook I jumped head first onto Twitter which is almost starting to feel like home to me all of this is good but this morning my brain is shut off it took me an hour to wake and I have still not fully come into the day it is the last of April it is raining and so I leave you with yesterday's potato selfie which is the most boring thing ever but to me they are beautiful to me they are spectacular such lush emeralds and it's still too cold to plant any of the vegetable starts I have tenderly grown and covered in the shed that houses my chainsaw shovels etc I think yes I think I just put myself to sleep goodnight Darklings


6 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

This makes me happy. You. Gardening, writing, poetry, the green here at the end. I'd love to follow you on Twitter. I've recently dived back in.

April 30, 2018 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I have enjoyed your poems so very much this month and that is the truth.
Your potatoes are beautiful and I sort of wish I'd planted some this year.
Hiking and reading and gardening and writing and I am sure, practicing, are beautiful things to be doing.
You are art in all ways.

April 30, 2018 at 10:20 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Elizabeth, it has been a strong month except for my untidy decision to mess with my meds. Thank you. I'm @rloudon on twitter come find me!
love

April 30, 2018 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary it was so amazing of you to have my back in the dark seemingly empty room even while it was full of poets thank you. I think April broke the spell of Henry in me and that is the best thing that could ever happen.
love

April 30, 2018 at 12:47 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

The Henry spell is broken. It took a kind of courage to move on. And a kind of faith.

April 30, 2018 at 7:10 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Rosemarie, it took me a long time to shake free of him. I’m so thankful that you were there to be with me when I read those poems. Thank you for saying that about courage and faith right about that too. Love

April 30, 2018 at 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home