Thursday, April 26, 2018

Pig and farm report

Tuesday morning I woke to no Jupiter she has been on my bed as soon as I make the smallest noise for the past year and when she was not there and did not answer my call I panicked that maybe she had escaped outside which means either cat burglars came during the night and stole her or she learned how to pick locks from watching PBS then I thought she was lying stone cold and dead somewhere under the sofa maybe or in the kitchen I finally found her in the library stalking a wee mouse so I scurried back to bed to tuck my toes all the way under the covers until she had the wee mouse stunned and cornered but still breathing under one of her scratching posts in the living room I pushed the mouse into a jar covered the top with a piece of cardboard and dispatched it into the forest thank you kitty thank you sleek beautiful Jupiter thank you Animal Gods one and all

yesterday I felt sick all day the decrease of meds on the heels of the increase of meds left my stomach in an uproar so I read all day and did nothing else

today I went to the forest and hiked up the trail and saw this lovely young madrona sitting down to breakfast with the heron and the red-winged black birds whose song I now recognize all her lacy slips were showing from bark to red to lighter red to green oh these trees are so incredible

























when I got home I weeded and mounded dirt in my potato bed the potatoes are growing at different rates as the sun moves toward summer but they are all healthy and greeny green and bountiful and my rows are crooked as my teeth as my fringe as my innards but still sun and water and they grow and I have carved out and tamed a small parcel of my forest and tomorrow I will prepare the other two beds for the rest of my garden

























this afternoon I baked this pane bianco which is a white bread stuffed with three Italian cheeses sun-dried tomatoes garlic and fresh basil













































as you can see it turned into Stuffed Treble Clef Bread and tonight I ate it warm right out of the oven with butter in fact I ate too much but by bog who can resist fresh bread seriously cannot and never have and now I am exhausted and here to say hello hello Darklings and to send my crooked love out over the airwaves to you and you and you and you and you

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

That bread is the most delicious-looking bread I have ever seen. And your potatoes make me wish I had planted some this year.
Hello, my dear. Hello.

April 26, 2018 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you Mary that’s a high compliment coming from you. Every time I’m in the garden I think of you and wonder if you’re in your garden at that exact time.
Love

April 26, 2018 at 6:55 PM  
Blogger Ramona Quimby said...

Ah! That bread. And the madrona. Thank god(dess, whatever) for forests.

April 26, 2018 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you! I must admit it also made a delicious breakfast lightly toasted with schmear. My yard my forest is full of the madronas they are magnificent it is folly to have a favorite tree as folly as it is to have a favorite child but these trees oh their personalities! Goddesses absolutely yes.
xor

April 27, 2018 at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home