Thursday, May 3, 2018

Pig and farm report

Tuesday I was visited by the dread insomnia in spite of doubling up on my meds (as indicated by DOGNURSE) only got two hours of sleep I had a busy day and drove to La Conner and stopped at Snow Goose Produce and bought some tulips and felt very happy and trippy then I came home and mounded more soil around my potatoes I think I got too happy overstimulated as the Johnny Cash Psychiatrist used to say and I never believed it was a thing but I might be changing my mind because yesterday the non-sleep day I felt horrible all day and anxious but I planted some snow peas and non-poo-tainted lettuces on my deck then later when the house was all toasty by the sun I decided to bake a cake which I tossed in the bin this morning a waste of eggs and butter but baking still is a good stress release for me today I am back to normal (hahahhaaaa) and I am working in Slack (has anyone here used Slack?) to work on my intro to Queer Wing-ed with a closed group of writers though my plans may go horribly awry as I am easily distracted and the sun is out and the birds are singing etc


















I discovered an elegant way to hang my very old very heavy mirror which has been on the floor since I moved here yes I used to be a painter but my hands and my wrists won't take any long term painting these days though I suspect that's just an excuse as I can play my violin and dig in the dirt for hours nevertheless here is my beautiful French easel put to good use and also I can see more than from my knees down and it feels good to have the easel in the house instead of the shed and I think it looks cool yes I still say cool I am so old but I still got up and danced this morning
























yesterday I cleaned out all the uneaten frozen soup and chili from my freezer to free up the jars for my summer garden then I made fresh soup minestrone and cooked it for hours and this morning I am still cooking it adding flavor deepening the taste it is delicious and I am so rich now that I was able to put a parmesean rind in there oh yum

here are my tender young veggies and my canning jars in the dishwasher (I thought they were pretty)

































5 Comments:

Blogger Marylinn Kelly said...

China Rose Radish sounds fragrant and exotic. When he can find them, my son brings me home radish sprouts from the fancy pants market and I had some this morning. Such a lovely, peppery tang. Your canning jars in the dishwasher remind me of the vintage glass telephone insulators my father collected. I can scarcely say how much I love that you are rich enough to put a parmesan rind in your minestrone. To count ourselves as rich in anything that matters is very rich indeed. I, of course, still say cool and am easily distracted, so many temptations to let our minds cruise. A mirror on an easel seems genius. I love you, will dream of sprouting things. xoxo

May 3, 2018 at 11:36 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

THERE YOU ARE HOLY SMOKES I'VE MISSED YOU.
love
Rebecca

May 3, 2018 at 12:59 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Marylinn, hello! I do love radishes and have eaten radish sprouts out of the dirt but have never seen them in even the Duck Blood store which I miss all the time. And yes the canning jars that is exactly how they look and perhaps that is why I wanted to take a photo of them I see the telephone insulators lined up on fences here on old farm houses all the time. Well done dear artist! And yes to be rich enough for that imagine. I can barely imagine it myself. I picked some lilacs today my own lilacs and their scent is heady one of the few childhood good memories I have. I keep startling myself in the mirror thank you but I no longer have to see how long the hair on my legs is getting. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

May 3, 2018 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Excellent use of an easel and if you ever decide to paint again (and I hope you do) you won't have to get it out of the shed.
Your pictures here are all swell and I love most of your report except the not sleeping and the anxiety. Well, you baked and gardened and that's what you needed to do.
Love you.
And you are cool.

May 3, 2018 at 3:29 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Mary, thank you! Baking and gardening are literal life savers in my world. I don't think I'll ever paint again. I burned my paintings in a rage or sold them or gave them away and I took the rest to the dump when I moved even my very favorite. I got too emotional inside the colors which frequently happens to me. You are way cool. Love.

May 4, 2018 at 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home