Friday, May 11, 2018

Pig and farm report



I made two perfect baguettes yesterday and had this for dinner

the deer are back and huge they come at night before dark into the forest so close to the house a doe a buck and two fawns two days ago a ruby-throated hummingbird flew through my hair in the mornings I pour a cup of black coffee and sit with Jupiter and watch the green forest it is spectacular this time of year thick and wild I have been walking the marsh trail then up into the the black tail forest (Camano Island State Park) every day if I go at dusk and reach the highest point where the trail stops it is a brand new planet the apex where the sea meets the trees it smells like Jesus heaven odd and teeming and solitary in the best way

Good morning Darklings good morning the lilies I cut and brought into the house are finally losing their petals last night Jupiter came tearing out here to play and she stepped on the petals which I left on the floor because I couldn't bear to move them and she jumped straight up into the air and spun her sleek body around and landed four feet away ahhh ahhhhhh when the earth's surface changes without notice

Love


2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

If that was a writing exercise, it was the sort I wish I could accomplish. Such beautiful images. Thank you, Rebecca.
Also, the "real" image of your supper is perfect in all detail.

May 11, 2018 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Oh sweet Mary it was no exercise just what it was but you make my heart break wide open thank you.

Love

May 11, 2018 at 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home