Friday, May 18, 2018

Pig and farm report

yesterday I wandered wandered wrote and wandered then vacuumed then brought the garbage can in from the road where it wanted to run over my heels I finally emptied the dishwasher and filled it again I finally washed the clothes and put them in the dryer I ate beans then wrote into the night

I am going to bake this orange cake it looks delicious but I am going to use frozen orange juice concentrate in place of the actual orange orange juice on account of how weakly and sad oranges are here in not winter I tell myself I am baking this cake for my son who returns home tomorrow night and leaves again Sunday morning but that is a big old lie we all know it you know it I know it that cake will reside in my heart right next to the beans

now I am going to apply lipstick and go to the bakery and not get in trouble for coffee beans then to the library which is next door to the bakery which is next door to the coffee roasters then to the Bait & Tackle to find three decent or fairly decent or even crappy oranges for their zest

I do find it eccentric and odd that this island has its own coffee roasting company and its own French bakery but not a decent slice of pizza or much of anything else for that matter except of course the ocean and the forest

I have discovered a completely white horse here and when I pass her I scream UNICORN in my outside voice

I rinsed my hair with vinegar a few minutes ago it helps tame the well water effect and yes yes I do smell like an Easter egg



Love

2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Oh my goodness, Rebecca! On my last walk where I took the picture of those gorgeous longhorns, I also saw a solid white horse and I also thought, "Unicorn!" although I did not say it out loud. I stepped over to the fence and he/she (I did not look at that part of the unicorn) came towards me and we said hello to each other. I am sending you a picture right this second.

May 18, 2018 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Ahh thank you Mary and for pulling such marvels from the earth for you for boy carrots for shallots for onions all for both Micks.
Love

May 18, 2018 at 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home