Sunday, May 13, 2018

ps.

Last night I watched the first episode of Patrick Melrose on Showtime and it is crazy wild and beautiful and fascinating and incredibly acted I read the books by Edward St. Aubyn back in the 90s and I was so I was hoping the show would hit the mark and it did oh boy did it

I have never had cable television before in my life
hell I didn't even have a television until 1992 though I would rent one at Christmas at Rent-A-Center so Page and I could watch Christmas programs

when I returned to the city from the commune the noise of not only television but radio was too much to bear we barely had electricity up there where I learned to be human

xo

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I have a love/hate relationship with TV. Or maybe it's not that at all. Maybe it's just sort of a casual attitude and doesn't mean much either way. I so rarely seem to find the good stuff.

May 13, 2018 at 2:18 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

you don't write much about the commune. or i may have missed it.

May 14, 2018 at 7:38 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear R, I don’t write much about it. Page wants me to. I talk about it to him all the time and he is fascinated by all of it. I think I keep it quiet inside myself (not written) because it was a holy place for me it was an escape from a terrible existence and I was cared for tenderly and learned to care tenderly during my years there. I also learned to cook to bake to garden to tend farm animals (I milked the goats at 4 AM every morning) and humans there. Love

May 15, 2018 at 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home