Thursday, May 17, 2018

All watched over by machines of loving grace

I threw some clothes in the washing machine and started to empty out the dishwasher but I got distracted (by Henry Darger) and picked up all the loose kitty toys and dangly wires from my floors and started up the Roomba (Oh Maryrose how this little robot has saved my beans) now the Roomba is running around in a rather random fashion since I think it might have a tiny bit of old age brain (as do I) and Jupiter is following it from room to room as she does to her great amusement and I ate an apple then I sat down here distracted (by Henry Darger) and ordered a luscious lipstick from Chanel Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Colour (my shade is Mademoiselle which sounds deliciously whoreish) I was never much of a lipstick wearer until I hit my fifties then I wore it at the strangest moments until I went to Dartmouth for my first reading of Queer Wing-ed and wanted to fancy up a bit and Alice told me my color was not in fact pink or red that my color was brown which sounded wrong but turned out to be exactly right and now I am wearing lipstick all the time now that I am pulling all this Darger research together but I didn't make this connection until just now just now  right now as I am typing it is not the most expensive lipstick I've ever purchased but it is the second most expensive and I put it on my credit card and I am between paydays but it's okay I will not go hungry nor will I be unable to pay my bill though I forget this all the time I forget every single day that I am okay now until something makes me remember though usually it is having enough toilet paper not fancypants lipstick




















If you're sad, add more lipstick and attack.
Coco Chanel

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

One day when Lily was wearing lipstick, August told her, "You have beautiful lips, Lily!"
I need to remember lipstick. I used to know its secrets.
I want a Roomba.

May 17, 2018 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Those little metal tubes of Avon lipstick samples used to be the be all end all for me as a child. Then later plastic versions of the same but the metal tubes were never equaled in my eyes. After I took LSD I stopped wearing makeup until 1989 when I started wearing it again for concerts and then for concerts and poetry readings but I would eat it all during both and also I kept the tubes for thousands of years.

The Roomba is the most incredible machine though Jupiter has bit off some of its toes. She is kittenish.

Love

May 17, 2018 at 1:31 PM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

Good advice about lipstick. I wear it more now than i ever did because i feel drab lately and in need of color. if i have on lipstick, i am probably on my way to something that makes me a little anxious. i don't wear it when i'm not worried about how i will be perceived. it's a real clue.

So, Henry is back?

May 18, 2018 at 6:39 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dear R, lipstick makes me feel pulled together especially for my social life which now means going to the grocery store though tomorrow I will wear it and my tiara (yes a real tiara sent to me once by a reader) to watch The Royal Wedding. 👑

Henry is awake and no longer on fire inside me. I am whittling down pages to their best. This whatever it is has become its own creature. I’m very excited about it. I’m going to post some letters I’ve been writing him here today.
Love

May 18, 2018 at 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home