Sunday, July 28, 2019

A love letter to Mary Moon on her birthday



Darling Mary,

Because your birthday will always be one day before and one year after mine because you know the secret of shade and dirt and breasts that have done the work of human female power because you are intimate with gorgeous golden spiders and kitchens and alters your feminine magik ability to live in the world without flinching you and I think we are old on days when dragons bite our tenders and our hips ache but we know we are not we will never be old you are a warrior you jangle silver and skybluesky dresses and red red fairytale lips you are not old because you taught me to mother you are fabulous in your adventures determined to just and right and nurture and rage and spill skyward you taught me to kind to carry even when I shut down there you are strong enough for the whole wolf world to rest its paws at your door you have opened Florida from myth to palm to infant curls to bedazzled roads to split oaks to bamboo kickery to tending prehistoric birds to river baptism to feckless cats to the kitchen as church to rare honesty to giving and giving and giving to hollowing out the gutted grounds of America to make soup to knead to nurse and heal to bake bread to Keith Richards to raising children and grandchildren and grand human beings you pour your heart all over the flat blue world with such precise measure without care with deep care and unfettered emotion that is wild and ancient and new and spangly with strength and love enough for us all I don’t know how you found me here how you floated your Mary being into my life but I am so thankful that you did I am so grateful to know your O spectacular human lovely friendship to see you take your place at the table as we wait for the banquet to open

Love
Rebecca

10 Comments:

Blogger 37paddington said...

oh Rebecca, this brought tears. You capture Mary's magic as I did not have the words to do, but you have the words, you being magic yourself, and I hope Mary keeps this always, you speak for more than yourself, and I am grateful, so grateful, to have you both in my life. Lovelovelove and happy birthday eve.

July 28, 2019 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you dear R, I love you and you know you are now part of the net of my imperfect being.
Love
Rebecca

July 28, 2019 at 1:28 PM  
Blogger Ms. Moon said...

I have been crying all day about these words. On and off, on and off. I want them read at my whatever-happens-when-I-die situation. I absolutely cannot tell you what you mean to me. We were meant to be.
Thank you for your heart.
I love you.

July 28, 2019 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Oh darling I love you too. Onward and upward. Kiss the kids for me. ♥️🎂

July 28, 2019 at 7:24 PM  
Blogger Blods said...

Wow! This post is amazing and so accurate. I'm in awe of your use of language, just as I'm in awe of Mary and her daily posts, on which I depend so much. Thank you love Blods xx

July 30, 2019 at 3:38 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Hi Blods! Welcome to Summer’s End and thank you.

July 30, 2019 at 5:47 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Hi Rebecca! sent a kiss to you today, as i've missed your exact birthday, but like an aged spouse would, i know you only at 35. love to you xoxo

July 30, 2019 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Thank you darling friend I love you and when I hear from you my heart cracks and bleeds
Love
Rebecca

July 31, 2019 at 1:53 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Wow. Aren't we all the bomb? This whole coven. Your words reign.

August 2, 2019 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Elizabeth we are a fantastic coven aren’t we? Such a perfect word to describe us. Brilliant you. ♥️♥️♥️

August 7, 2019 at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home