Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Equinox


this is the first time in 14 or 15 years that I have missed posting on the Equinox but there have been goblins in my head on account of cigna my prescription insurance company deciding I could no longer take doxazosin for no apparent reason

which means a return of daily ptsd related panic attacks
which means no sleep
which means panic at the thought of panic
and no sleep

Crazy right?

New Nurse told me she couldn't get cigna my prescription insurance company on the phone that she has prescribed tons of doxazosin for many of her patients on medicare without a problem ever so she switched me to prazosin which is basically the same drug only stronger and instead of a month's supply of doxazosin for $7 I now have to buy a month's supply of prazosin for $70 exactly that and it has taken me quite a while to adjust to prazosin including almost constant nausea so I called my regulation doctor and asked to get my promethazine which I have taken on and off for three years for nausea refilled but cigna my prescription insurance company told him I could no longer take promethazine but I could take zofran which cigna my prescription insurance company told me three years ago I couldn't have because it was a controlled narcotic also promethazine $10 zofran $30

basically I now pay cigna my prescription insurance company $50 a month to be MY DOCTORS it is crazy yes I am crazy and this post is ugly with all those meds named but it is hard not to think that cigna my prescription insurance company really just wants me to pay more money to the pharmaceutical companies that control my well being even my normal state of paranoia sees the fault line there even my crazy can call utter bullshit

other than constant nausea I have been loopy as hell but not tired which has turned out to be rather haphazard for me because I keep falling into furniture and bumping into walls and tripping over my own good sense for instance I carried a bowl of yogurt into my bedroom a few days ago and slammed myself into the highboy and dropped the yogurt on it and on my beautiful rug and believe me that yogurt flew and last night I decided to glue my glasses back together with superglue and after I punctured the tiny hole in the tube it glurgled out all over me and I glued my hand

I seriously should have taken a photo of that good god my hand turned white and instead of taking immediate action I continued gluing my glasses as the glue bonded itself to me for eternity then I spent most of last evening scrubbing my hand in old nail polish remover and surfboard wax remover then picking it off now my hand is red as a lobster claw

clearly I can't and won't drive
or shop
or dance
or go for a walk in my own goddamned forest

I did pick what seems to be the last of my vegetable garden including these hugeass potatoes that I planted last year along with some tomatillos and chilies and prickly cucumbers


I made a shit ton of strawberry jam without pectin which means I stood over my stove for an hour stirring and breathing in the strawberry sugar and I might have eaten an entire jar of it as I did so last night before I glued my hand I made a large jar of salsa verde with the tomatillos and peppers and some onion and some cilantro and some lime simple and delicious and green




yes yep uh huh this post is every bit as boring as I expected it to be and I apologize there is a lot of noise in my head right now mostly worry over getting my brain righted in its rotten housing and politics

I did successfully buy a new doorknob for the hallway closet

baby steps Bob, baby steps

one more photo of my beach this morning then I'll fold this post eleven times and put it in an envelope and leave it in the middle of the forest for the bears to find

hello and love from Summer's End where it really is for true autumn


8 Comments:

Blogger Radish King said...

Awwww! Thank you Mary. My new phone which is basically a camera with more buttons is a better photographer than I but I do love the colors of the late garden. I just made my Aunt Beulah’s cucumber and red onion and oil and vinegar and sugar salad. It is mighty fine.
Love you!

September 25, 2019 at 5:30 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm currently paralyzed and don't know how to write anymore. I'm glad you're here, writing in spite, despite, all the spites.

September 25, 2019 at 9:23 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Elizabeth I feel paralyzed too and really had to slog through to write yesterday. I was up at 4 this morning to watch another day of the insane news. It has turned my creative brain to mush. Love from the rain belt.
Becky

September 26, 2019 at 5:08 AM  
Blogger Penelope said...

I have only recently discovered your wonderful blog. It felt like finding buried treasure. I am a single woman of respectable age with questionable sanity. I abide in SW Montana in a beautiful valley where Sacagawea once rediscovered her tribe and thus saved Lewis and Clark. I live in a tiny but snug log cabin.

September 26, 2019 at 4:02 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Hello Penelope and welcome welcome welcome to my wee corner of the innerlubes. I was just writing about the Lewis and Clark Caverns the other day. I spent a good chunk of my childhood at Flathead Lake. I love “woman of a respectable age” thank you!
Rebecca

September 26, 2019 at 5:02 PM  
Blogger Penelope said...

What a lovely welcome. Feels like a grand hug from a long lost dear friend. I was in need of that today. Flathead Lake is wonderful. We are expecting an epic early winter blast from the past by tomorrow. I am a transplant but not trans,, having travelled and lived in many places in the US before finding home. Spent a couple of years in Ilwaco, WA. Tsunamis frighten me. Snow makes me bake cup cakes and concoct soup potions. Sleep peacefully

September 26, 2019 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger Adie Das said...

Apples butter cinnamon sticks
Anything else
Love from Amsterdam

September 27, 2019 at 7:30 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Love right back to you! 🐇❤️

September 27, 2019 at 7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home