Thursday, November 28, 2019

I always think of this holiday as the day in which we gather with with our families of choice to eat and store fat like bears for the emotional physical mental and financial onslaught of the rest of the mayonnaise based holidays

yesterday I woke at one AM and could not get back to sleep and my stomach hurt and my head ached thanks to my useless insurance company refusing to pay for Doxepin a new medication New Nurse prescribed for insomnia to replace the last of the benzodiazepines I’ve been taking for insomnia for the past twenty years the useless insurance company has been holding this medication for a month now even though it is not a controlled substance even though it is simply an SSRI even though my useless insurance company has denied and fought with my physicians’ prescriptions for benzodiazepines for fourteen years I finally called the pharmacy and asked how much the medication costs asked if I could buy it without insurance and the pharmacist checked the price and told me it was $17.00

$17.00

my useless insurance company was withholding a medication designed to make me healthy that will allow me to wean myself off a very bad drug a new medication that costs me $17.00 without insurance and probably cost them mere pennies to manufacture for no apparent reason

I know I’m not the only one here that has realized that Big Pharma is now in charge of our healthcare

I am going to check the rest of my meds against the prices of my insurance covered meds and see if it is actually worth it to spend $50.00 a month on a company that is useless

I sent my son to the pharmacy to pick it up and while he was gone I fucked up a gorgeous pie crust with a failed pumpkin pie I have only made one failed pumpkin pie ever and that was in the 70s when I forgot to add eggs this pie failed because I bought organic pumpkin instead of pumpkin for pies and the organic pumpkin was just too wet my son was in Seattle at the time and I gave up and took to my bed in the Victorian fashion of ladies who got the vapors and watched Anthony Bourdain on Netflix for the entire rest of the day until nightfall when I took the Doxepin and proceeded to sleep for ten hours in a row

my son is here now I told him about the failed pie and he wanted me to run to the store and buy more pumpkin then make a new pie crust and bake him another pie


HHHHAAAAAHAAAHAHAHAAAaaaaaaa


no


I do have another secret pie crust in my fridge because it’s just as easy to make two as one and I have fresh strawberries and eggs and cream so I will make a vanilla pastry cream and then make a berry galette or he can make his own gd pie and we still have ice cream




I’m just here to eat potatoes and bread sloshing in butter and salad with candied pecans and cheese I am no one’s employee in my beautiful kitchen not any more

LIBERATION!




2 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Of course the insurance companies are the boss of us. How can anyone like them?
Seventeen dollars.
Well.
Happy Thanksgiving, darling woman. I know your table is going to be beautiful. When we sit down to our ridiculously huge meal I will think of you in your own kitchen in your own house in the forest near the water and I will be thankful for you.
Love from Lloyd.

November 28, 2019 at 7:51 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Love to you and your fantastic family Mary Moon. Eat some pie for me that chess pie is now lodged in my head ❤️❤️❤️

November 28, 2019 at 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home