Thursday, November 21, 2019

The flea’s smörgåsbord

It has been too long of a day for me to string together enough cohesive words to make a sentence but the power of christ compels me haha not really I watched the impeachment hearing this morning and at the break I went to the Skagit River to watch the snow geese arrive along with several hawks including a red tailed hawk and seven bald eagles and a great blue heron feasting on fresh water eelgrass that springs up in the tide waters on the fields I just ate the wide river the rocks the trees lining its bank with my whole stupid heart then I went to the Skagit Valley Co-op for organic veggies for soup which looked like this on my table




no filters on that photo no lights on in the kitchen just clean freezing cold sunlight I woke to 33 degrees and it never got warmer the soup has veggie stock and celery and onion and fennel and turnips and leek and red cabbage and zucchini and a random can of tomatoes I cooked it for the rest of the day except for my tearing chunks off the toddler sized six braid challah that I made a couple days ago then dropped that I kept dipping in the soup for dinner

this had to be the worst sentence ever

I dosed all three cats with super duper flea medicine last Wednesday and those little fuckers jumped ship (mostly Hal who never leaves my side) and bit me in the tender insides of my elbow and my ankle and my elsewheres and now I’m exhausted and my blog is being blog fuckery again and I haven’t been able to post any more pix except I’ll try this last one





Okay that actually worked none of this is what I wanted to write either but look at Friday yep ❄️ I got out my long johns literally I’m ready maybe tomorrow I can write about how the cornfields were were warm enough and the ground frost bit enough this morning to make low fog dance through them like wraiths


5 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Moon said...

Such gorgeous bounty!
Such perfect light.

November 22, 2019 at 5:41 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

It made a good sturdy soup too Mary. That light was really something. I think it’s tree light the way it’s filtered through the pine needles.
❤️🥣

November 22, 2019 at 6:08 AM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Ps the vegetables in that co-op are as close to garden good as I have ever found anywhere ever. I love that place.

November 22, 2019 at 6:09 AM  
Blogger 37paddington said...

I love imagining you in the light and salt air of your woods.

November 23, 2019 at 6:20 PM  
Blogger Radish King said...

Dearest R, it is remarkable here truly. I give thanks every day for this beauty for these trees these woods that have been entrusted to me seemingly by happenstance. I never thought “she” would leave me any money much less enough to start over. I am so grateful to my darling uncle who took over her finances he was not only a very sharp broker he also made sure that my brother and I would be cared for in a way she never cared for us when she was alive. Gah I am so emotional today and spilling out all over the place.
Love
Rebecca

November 24, 2019 at 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home